Thread: GP400 O'berto tuning

Default GP400 O'berto tuning

Well, got to the lake after work. Cable nice and greased. Pretty breezy however. Ran her hard full throttle for a solid 3 minutes. After likely ram rise, motor was 105*, Batts were 88* each with 31% remaining, and the ESC was a surprisingly high of 155*. Water cooling was flowing good. Used a CNC 5014 2-blade. I have a x648 and a ABC 2314/3 15*. Which should I try next? These are the only large-ish props I currently own. Thanks
    PS- Batts are the turnigy heavy duty 5.0 6s2p
    Motor a TP 56mm 1250kv.

Oopsss...double post.

Reattack on the lake with some damage. The shaft vibrated pretty badly during the run to overheat the stuffing tube which came loose. The flex now has a small twist/bend in it. All this was enough to make the ESC work harder which melted a motor wire off the ESC. Figures it was the one between the pcb's. Going to try to resolder. Had the ABC 2314/15* 3 blade on it. Friggin moving...63.7mph. Then the above happened. Motor not toast. Tried with spare T180 laying around. New stuff tube on order. Now gotta get new flex. The tuning saga continues. I'll be playing with the Atlas Van Lines till I get her fixed. I was surprised this happened with such a nice run yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Navherc130 View Post
    Reattack on the lake with some damage. The shaft vibrated pretty badly during the run to overheat the stuffing tube which came loose. The flex now has a small twist/bend in it. All this was enough to make the ESC work harder which melted a motor wire off the ESC. Figures it was the one between the pcb's. Going to try to resolder. Had the ABC 2314/15* 3 blade on it. Friggin moving...63.7mph. Then the above happened. Motor not toast. Tried with spare T180 laying around. New stuff tube on order. Now gotta get new flex. The tuning saga continues. I'll be playing with the Atlas Van Lines till I get her fixed. I was surprised this happened with such a nice run yesterday.
    You are lucky you did not burn down the whole set-up witht at 2314/15 prop. Way to big. That Is equal to an octur 458/3... I smell something.

I am lucky for sure. Gotta prop suggestion? I'm listening...