Thread: naviga mono 2 - watch out europe!

Default naviga mono 2 - watch out europe!

So took out the Rasch Tomcat 2 for the maiden voyage. pretty happy, now need to hear from the professionals...
    https://youtu.be/d-IWTS0dvwQ

How she look?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I am not a pro so take or leave this.

It looks like it is missing the safety loop if you ever want to run with Naviga. I may have missed it, but can I see the cutout on the left side of the deck where it would normally go is empty.

The CoG looks like it may be too far forward, the tail seems to be getting more air than the nose. The water looks pretty choppy so you may have done that on purpose, but I think that it is too far.

It looks slow, but the 35mm starter prop explains that, it is very sensible starting small and working your way up, with some more testing you should be able to work up to 40mm or so, with some throttle control in the turns to ease the average amp draw down and still get runtime.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I was hoping you'd chime in Paul, good to hear from you.

I have not added safety loop... European naviga is still in the dream phase..
    I was wondering if that COG was too far forward, it was also spinning out and submerging. It is right at 33%, I'll shift weight back and see what 30% looks like.
    Good to hear about the prop size!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Paul, so I propped up to a 40mm, then back down to 38mm and both made it behave like an idiot.
    I will need to move the ESC back behind the motor and add ballast to get the CG behind 33%
    https://youtu.be/uQ3SCami-fI

do you think the prop needs to be higher? the prop closer to the transom? it sure aint fun driving it like this...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet