Thread: HobbyKing Program Card setting ?

Default HobbyKing Program Card setting ?

guys i just received a program card for my small 50 amp esc and there are a couple of settings on the card that i have never heard of or seen on other cards.

1] fixed area accelerator 6% / 9% / 12% ?
    2] reverse force 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% ?
    3] start mode punch goes from level 1 up to level 9

what the best settings for boat use with those .

Not sure without seeing what ESC youre programming or card you're using, but many of my cards have settings for multiple models. Some settings don't apply, especially for marine models.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have the turnigy and ran into this then bought the hobbywing for the correct readings and the required adapter plug

so to boil it down they are the same cards hobbyking, hobbywing & turnigy and many settings dont apply to boat esc's and they have interchangeable faceplates for this reason...use the boat faceplate for settings add it to the backside of the program card and you have both sets of settings

CAR_ESC.jpg
    BOAT_ESC.jpg
    Last edited by MadProps; 11-17-2017 at 07:50 PM.

the card i have is the HobbyKing Blue coloured one with some orange trim and orange buttons around the outer edge. its not the black one h/k sells. only works on 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 120 amp h/k escs.

Roland.
    The series of the HK ESCs are actually re named Flycolor ESCs.

'Fixed area accelerator' is the deadband, or neutral, area between forward & reverse.
    'Reverse force' we don't need. We only go forward. It is pretty handy in scale boats, like warships, cabin cruisers, cargo ships etc, where you don't want full power in reverse.
    'Start mode' or 'punch mode' limits the power through the ESC on take off. Even when you just nail the trigger. Can be handy in a boat to limit the amp draw on take off.

You will notice that on the programming card, each section has one of the values printed in orange. They are the default settings in the esc.
    I left those three modes at the default settings in mine.

In addition, you will notice the timing has a default setting of 20 degrees. I changed that to 'Automatic' for our purposes.

Cheers.
    Last edited by 785boats; 11-18-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Paul i knew you would come to the rescue of my electronics knowledge .

No worries.
    I'd just recently been through all that when I programmed my first one for our Restricted Class racing.

All done Paul, Restricted Rigger ready to rock and NOT roll.

ordered some octura props from O.S.E. for this rigger .