Thread: Pro Boat Recoil 26 - Made "Mo-Better"

Default Pro Boat Recoil 26 - Made "Mo-Better"

Decided to clear another spot on the shelf.

This is my Recoil 26, which I've made MANY updates too, but really have just never run, other than in the video link I'm posting below.

Modifications include updated and improved Strakes, updated hardware, stronger steering servo, updated flex-cable, and, of course, a much improved Power System.

Power system is a Pro Boat Dynamite 1800KV motor and Dynamite 120A ESC.

Hardware modifications include updated break-away rudder, additional trim-tabs, and the addition of turn fins.

I originally set this up with a 2S power system (TP 3630), just to dink around with the idea of an N2-Offshore boat, but the self-righting feature still being active really makes that a gray area.

Installed the much more usable 3S-4S Dynamite 1800KV w/ 120A ESC system, and the boat is a killer sport boat now. Handing is MUCH improved over stock, and boat just rips.

Selling complete, as shown. If you run Spektrum Radio gear, if you tell me what TX you have, I can install an appropriate RX to match your TX for an additional $25.00.

Hull only has about 10-Minutes of total runtime. I just don't have the time to go "play" with boats these days, and I don't like seeing these things just sit.

Great Christmas Gift idea for your kid, as well...

Here is a video of this boat running on the 2S TP Power System. Handling with the strake modifications is MUCH improved! Boat just rips!

$200.00 shipped in the USA as pictured.
    $225.00 if I include a Spektrum RX.

20171009_191940.jpg
    20171009_191946.jpg
    20171009_191956.jpg
    20171009_192003.jpg
    20171009_192236.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

does it still self right with that setup?
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    does it still self right with that setup?
    Yes. Takes a couple of tries, but it does it. This was with a a pair of 5000mAh 2S cells, so 4-Cells total, same as the 4S pack you'd run if you ran this on 4S. Could do 3S as well.

The new power system has more snap and torque than the 2S system in the video, so it will snap over much easier now.

Still for sale? If so I will take it. Will need prop info & pay pal info. Read your posts all the time and am confident the boat is as described. Sounds like the perfect boat for my grandkids.
    thanks,doug

Quote Originally Posted by samek View Post
    Still for sale? If so I will take it. Will need prop info & pay pal info. Read your posts all the time and am confident the boat is as described. Sounds like the perfect boat for my grandkids.
    thanks,doug
    Yes, it's available. I'll PM you with PayPal information.

As for Props... I'll include a couple that will work WELL with this. I have several that I'll send along so you can experiment a little.

pay pal sent,did you receive?,doug

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Yes, it's available. I'll PM you with PayPal information.

As for Props... I'll include a couple that will work WELL with this. I have several that I'll send along so you can experiment a little.
    Samek, just want you to know props cost money and as usual Darin, always trying to go one step further to sweeten the deal by including several props. . .always a great guy and fair seller, that's one of the things I like about Darin and a few others here, just a bunch of great guys willing to help and promote this hobby of ours. . .BRAVO

Quote Originally Posted by samek View Post
    pay pal sent,did you receive?,doug
    No. I checked my PayPal and don't see it there.

Make sure it was to:

Banzai240@yahoo.com

OK. Got it this morning. I'll have this packaged for shipping today and on the way tomorrow.

Thanks.

Doug,

This shipped out yesterday. You should have shipping details in your PayPal transaction.

Included are 4 props, as well as an adapter for EC5 battery connections, since the ESC has 5.5mm contacts on it.

On the props, I marked two with "4S" and two with "3S".

The 4S props are smaller and will actually work well on 3S as well. I'd start with those. Should be PLENTY fast for your grandkids to get started.

If you want to play, the larger props WILL work on 4S, but it's going to be FAST... They should provide a bit more grunt on 3S however.

Either way, I suspect that it'll be fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Darin

Darin,boat received in perfect condition hope to get out this weekend for a trial run.

thankyou,
    Doug