Thread: Question about shipping Lipo's

Default Question about shipping Lipo's

I have some Lipo's for sale on this forum and others also, and am being asked about shipping to Spain.

I know that in North America you have to ship Via Ground services (Truck - Not AIR)

As an individual and not a company can we even ship them over sea's??

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

When I was researching this for myself last year, it wasnt the airplane that was the problem, it was a plane potentially also carrying human cargo that was not allowed to carry the batteries. This could not be distinguished at the point when an end user purchases postage and declares contents. So ground only options are the easiest method to get the proper paperwork completed and ship lipos without any potential for a penalty.

I personally would not ship them outside of the country.

My Revo packs that are shipped directly to me from Singapore obviously come via Air transit. The customs forms list them as backup lights. The lipos are in plastic boxes with a nonfunctional led and switch. This method of shipping something that contains a battery vs shipping just batteries also seems to make things easier and cheaper.

So by lying about what is in the package (totally ignoring the risk of killing passengers on an airplane) they save money and get their product to foreigners more quickly? Wonderful, and we have no problems with the honesty/morality of this? No Revos for me thanks.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That's a bit over the top. The packages are well labeled with the proper lipo hazard labels attached. I, as a RC hobbyist and not an international shipping expert, would imagine the common customs declaration of "toy parts" and "backup lights" has more to do with taxes and import fees than circumventing safety. Certainly my posts shouldn't be grounds for an impactful boycot.
    Last edited by fweasel; 11-16-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Here is what I have found out so far from USPS and UPS
    If you ship - (lets say a boat)
    If you include the batteries making it ARTR ( batteries at storage mode and balanced)
    This is perfectly legal according to USPS and UPS to go by AIR.
    Yet we are not allowed to ship the batteries by themselves via AIR.

This is why REVO can ship them to you listed as a LED light box.
    It meets all of the shipping rules to go by AIR
    Is it their fault that you take it apart and use only the battery out of the plastic box?

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Cool

That's a bit over the top. The packages are well labeled with the proper lipo hazard labels attached....
    Then my mistake was taking your post at face value. I will be more careful in the future.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for