Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 IMPBA FE Nationals - Michigan Cup

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Terry

When was the last time you held a nats? People don't travel to club races like they do the nats. Tunnel made the Vegas nats in nitro and electric. I don't think you can compare your knowledge of club races to holding a Nats.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Oh I don't care about the class, I don't own a tunnel. I have the usual 4s and 6s stuff plus a T mono and T cat. I just like pestering Terry for coming out like he knows better than everybody and cut classes when all classes should be offered at a nats. Regardless of what he knows.

Mark
    Wow......

Simply bizarre...

Can someone point me in the direction as to where in the IMPBA rule book it states that all classes should be offered...I just scanned a few sections of it and can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Can someone point me in the direction as to where in the IMPBA rule book it states that all classes should be offered...I just scanned a few sections of it and can't find it anywhere.
    It's not in the NAMBA book. I'm not sure about the IMPBA book though. Still learning that one. I didn't know what the gas, nitro, and FE directors jobs were either. Totally pissed up Chris's leg in the process on that one.
    Noisy person

Good on you guys for holding a "proper" IMPBA FE Nationals!

We're going to try the shootout format for our Can-Am this year as well (shameless plug).

Even the NAMBA NAT's last year only offered a limited number of classes for FE.
    I would have to of stayed there for a week to run in 4 classes.

Now this race offers me 8 classes over only three days.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Good on you guys for holding a "proper" IMPBA FE Nationals!

We're going to try the shootout format for our Can-Am this year as well (shameless plug).
    Let me know if you need any help with the scoring program for the Shootout
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Quote Originally Posted by tjcast View Post
    Let me know if you need any help with the scoring program for the Shootout
    Will do, thanks again! RCRacing has a shootout function for the scoring s/w, will have a look at that and let you know what we think.

You use an Excel sheet, no?

Terry, you can count our support. We get enough FE classes to make it worth the trip but it would be a LOT more fun if they were more populated. We'll kick the cage for ya some.

Be sure to check with Lynne too. She has a shootout shuffler all ready to go to. Pretty sure it's Excel same as ours.

Shootout format is fun. Nobody backs into a win.
    Noisy person

Will do, thanks again! RCRacing has a shootout function for the scoring s/w, will have a look at that and let you know what we think.

Terry. I am not a core council member of our club, but I am in my Dad/ Tom's pits throughout the each and every club race and Michigan cup races. Ever since we switched to IMPBA a excel sheet has been used for scoring. Every event we host the scores get posted here on the forums in the Excel Sheet format. We only used Rc racing events for Heat sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Terry, you can count our support. We get enough FE classes to make it worth the trip but it would be a LOT more fun if they were more populated. We'll kick the cage for ya some.

Be sure to check with Lynne too. She has a shootout shuffler all ready to go to. Pretty sure it's Excel same as ours.

Shootout format is fun. Nobody backs into a win.

Thanks again for the help and support, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Davis View Post
    Terry. I am not a core council member of our club, but I am in my Dad/ Tom's pits throughout the each and every club race and Michigan cup races. Ever since we switched to IMPBA a excel sheet has been used for scoring. Every event we host the scores get posted here on the forums in the Excel Sheet format. We only used Rc racing events for Heat sheets.

Cool! Will check it out...

Shootout format is fun.
    Who am I kidding? They're all fun regardless of format.
    Noisy person

Shootout's more fun tho, you havta RACE!

That's it, Race on

Who am I kidding? They're all fun regardless of format.
    How does a shootout format work?

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by 80mac View Post
    How does a shootout format work?

Not sure exactly what the MMEU guys are going to do but here's how the new IMPBA proposal is written:

1. National Champion Status – Format 1

a. Shoot-out heats

4 rounds of standard heat racing will be followed by a final 5th Championship Round. First
    round heats are set-up at random from entries within each class. Heats in subsequent rounds
    for each class are determined by accumulated points running highest to lowest. Choice of
    frequency will start from highest points on down if conflicts arise. If there is a tie within a large
    class when determining heat splits for a subsequent round, previous penalties may be
    considered. The racer with the cleanest previous heats will race with the higher points racers.
    Special events may run following national events.

i. Standard Heat Racing Point scoring will be applied. (Sec. G- Contest and Racing Rules)

ii. Only the top six in points will advance to the final 5th Championship Round. All points
    awarded during the event are carried to the final round. Total points accumulated for all
    rounds determines the “National Champion”. Any ties will be decided by run-off

Yep. That.

Accept that we'll only use 3 qualifying rounds and the 4th will be the final. This way classes end each day and a new set of classes run the next day.
    Noisy person

We're going to do the same at our Can-Am this year but we may run everyone for the 4th round if we have time.

If I get it ready can I run my full P hydro with your B hydro Terry? Its a 31" ML Boats rsx310 with one 4 cell pack and a 36mm can, 2200kv motor.

I'm driving a wood sled so I won't tangle with ya, much
    Nortavlag Bulc

Are any of the classes or days posted yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Are any of the classes or days posted yet?
    Working on it

Not sure exactly what the MMEU guys are going to do but here's how the new IMPBA proposal is written:

1. National Champion Status – Format 1

a. Shoot-out heats

4 rounds of standard heat racing will be followed by a final 5th Championship Round. First
    round heats are set-up at random from entries within each class. Heats in subsequent rounds
    for each class are determined by accumulated points running highest to lowest. Choice of
    frequency will start from highest points on down if conflicts arise. If there is a tie within a large
    class when determining heat splits for a subsequent round, previous penalties may be
    considered. The racer with the cleanest previous heats will race with the higher points racers.
    Special events may run following national events.

i. Standard Heat Racing Point scoring will be applied. (Sec. G- Contest and Racing Rules)

ii. Only the top six in points will advance to the final 5th Championship Round. All points
    awarded during the event are carried to the final round. Total points accumulated for all
    rounds determines the “National Champion”. Any ties will be decided by run-off
    Thanks Terry and Terry, I never thought about checking the rule book even though Tom has mentioned it at the drivers meetings. I missed the MMEU meeting due to illness so I am playing catch up with working on boats for spring.

We've been frequenting Larry's for laps on Saturday mornings if you want to stop by with questions.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    If I get it ready can I run my full P hydro with your B hydro Terry? Its a 31" ML Boats rsx310 with one 4 cell pack and a 36mm can, 2200kv motor.

I'm driving a wood sled so I won't tangle with ya, much

Sorry Ray, we've had this discussion quite a bit within the club and the general consensus is to keep the classes separate...

Sorry Ray, we've had this discussion quite a bit within the club and the general consensus is to keep the classes separate...
    Oh well...

How many B hydros are in NLMBC?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Kinda a bit off topic here....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Kinda a bit off topic here....
    True. We need to continue the discussion of how Terry doesn't know what he's doing again...

Its not what Terry knows, and he does know a lot , it's poking him with a stick while he's a cage that sounds like fun!! Maybe a $2.00 charge for three pokes. to add to the 50/50 draw!
    Cheers, Jay.

it will be a sanctioned IMPBA event! 3 rounds followed by a championship round of poking.

In all seriousness, I've never seen a more unselfish racer than Terry. He'd give you the ESC out of his championship bound boat, just so you could make a useless heat if it made you happy. Solid dude. Add that with his building skills, knowledge, and that butter thing he always talks about with Ken, and you've pretty much got an FE superhero!

What Terry doesn't know would fill a warehouse (and a big one).

He is also the guy who offered to loan me a 700 dollar motor a few years ago to get my T-Mono racing again after mine seized up...so, he can't be all that bad.

I do it all the time. Works for Me!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast