Steve Vaccaro jr 950 Chris Fleming 977
    Mike Stancombe 850 Doug Smock 950

Q Sport Hydro
    Chris Fleming 1225
    Ken Joye 650
    Mike Paganelli 300
    Bob Zola 200
    Mike Snaer 100
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Special Awards

High Points National Champion President's Cup
    Ken Haines 104 Tyler Davis 3100
    Chris Fleming 93 Mike Paganelli 2950
    Mike Paganelli 80 Tom Baffer 2725

Offshore Champion Muncey Trophy
    Tom Baffer 2350 Chris Fleming 3544
    Mike Paganelli 2300 Tyler Davis 3500
    Don Huff 2296 Kevin Kosciolek 3150

Crazy Cat Lady Award
    Michigan Cup
    Steve Vaccaro jr 2250 Two Introverts 8296
    Tom Baffer 2000 Team Orca 7432
    Chris Fleming 1544 B-Mojo-B 4800

Caution: Does not play well with others!

Wow! Those are some close scores for muncey and offshore champions.
    Giant Power Team Driver

So no tunnel classes ey?

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    So no tunnel classes ey?
    Tunnel hardly makes anywhere... nitro is does decent.. but gas and fe in states is pretty dead

how about for scottsdale model boaters and winter warm-ups? maybe I wont break out my cobra then

We offered tunnel because someone complained on here that it wasn't there. Went exactly as I thought it would.............which is why it wasn't offered in the first place. It ain't our first rodeo.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    how about for scottsdale model boaters and winter warm-ups? maybe I wont break out my cobra then
    We usually get 3-5 for winter warmups

Wanted to know the rules for spec offshore, spec hydro, spec sport hydro and n spec mono?

Do you have a date set for next year?

Those spec classes will be defined by the host club. Typically they follow the recommendations of the national FE director. We've been fiddling with that "spec" over the season. I'm sure Mike will put together some sort of a official guideline line before another FE nationals. A point of reference for those curious where it may end up you can check out MMEU's club version of spec. The only potential adjustment I'm aware of is that the motor length may drop to 60mm. Click here.

The Michigan Cup is usually around that same time. The weekend before the 4th of July.....ish.

The FE Nationals location as far as I know has yet to be determined. No dates yet either.
    Noisy person

Thanks for the info. After losing Ed I have been getting the itch to do some boat racing. Three months was not enough time to do something, a year might be. I like the idea of racing and camping.

It might be worth having a listing of popular Spec equipment. Just to give guy like me an idea of what is out there. We used to promote Spec classes years ago, I have not been following the current trends. :)

Quote Originally Posted by JG24 View Post
    Thanks for the info. After losing Ed I have been getting the itch to do some boat racing. Three months was not enough time to do something, a year might be. I like the idea of racing and camping.
    Ed was one of the good guys. I'll bet that guy forgot more about FE than most of us will know in a lifetime. Mike had brought a couple of Ed's boat up to display. Had to explain to a couple guys what the heck was going on in there. 20+ year old boats and they still looked like science fiction in there. Ed was the man.

One of the local radio stations was talking about camping just yesterday. Described tenting as practicing to be homeless. haha We already had 4 tents. I sold my travel trailer so I may be a tent guy too. We may have a regular tent city. We could call it "Occupy the Cup" or something. We would be glad to have ya. Racing is fun and all but this particular race is more of a really good excuse to get together with a bunch of rc boaters, play boats, and laugh at each other.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Ed was one of the good guys. I'll bet that guy forgot more about FE than most of us will know in a lifetime. Mike had brought a couple of Ed's boat up to display. Had to explain to a couple guys what the heck was going on in there. 20+ year old boats and they still looked like science fiction in there. Ed was the man.

One of the local radio stations was talking about camping just yesterday. Described tenting as practicing to be homeless. haha We already had 4 tents. I sold my travel trailer so I may be a tent guy too. We may have a regular tent city. We could call it "Occupy the Cup" or something. We would be glad to have ya. Racing is fun and all but this particular race is more of a really good excuse to get together with a bunch of rc boaters, play boats, and laugh at each other.
    Ed was and is still in a league of his own. I keep wondering if he had the new technology in his boats how crazy fast he would have been. He played the game on his own terms, which is respectable. His boats were indistructable.

3 years ago I did the tent camping thing with my family. It was not fun and too much work. We bought a popup and it was much easier. We like camping in western Michigan near the big lake. I would probably buy a generator and do the popup amongst tent city.

The lodge has water and power hookups for campers. Real circuits that can run an air conditioner. No sewage hookup though. But there is an actual bathroom available during the day. We give $20 per day for the hookup. Works great. They have food available for purchase most nights too.

I saw Ed hound a bunch of brushless guys in P mono with one of his brushed gear drives. Wish I had filmed it but it was 2005. There was a heat with Ed, Fuller, Twaits, Crowe, and Nayman. Sight to behold. I never forgot it.
    Noisy person

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112