Thread: Revolt 30 2nd Time Around

Default Revolt 30 2nd Time Around

I bought my Revolt for Christmas 2013. I enjoyed it until late 2014 when I crashed it into a fountain. Like most people in this hobby I pursued upgrades that pushed the speed edge. After that crash I was looking at some repairs and I just decided to put the boat away for a while. Well it wasn't until a month ago that I decided to get it going again but this time my emphasis is on run time and running at speeds that allow me to better observe and enjoy my boat. I'm doing this with bigger batteries and a smaller prop. So far it's been a blast. This is a really nice RTR.

I see I posted this to the wrong forum. Can a moderator please move to Revolt forum?

I agree this is a really nice RTR but the original enthusiasm for them has died down considerably after Aquacraft stopped production for a period of time.

I started out with a Revolt 30 in the summer of 2014 and Liked it so much I bought two more so I have all the color schemes except the white one. The only upgrades I made to mine was to replace the driveshafts with the one offered here on OSE and sharpen and balance the stock props.

My only minor complaint would be that they all failed the bathtub test and I had to remove the transom hardware and spread some silicone around the bolt holes but other than that they are all still running in great condition after three seasons in service.

You must be maintaining them well. I recently installed a Mount for my Garmin Virb Elite camera and I'm having fun shooting my runs. Here is one that captured my run-in with a turtle.
    https://youtu.be/3C4LK7ZpZZg

Those pesky turtles...

Fortunately I have not encountered any obstructions in the water as yet but from what I have seen an encounter with a turtle at speed never ends well for the boat.

I did scare the heck out of a big snapper once wile landing a slow stick on floats at my dock. He must have thought it was a big bird coming in for an attack and subsequently bounced off several rocks trying to escape back into the lake. It was a pretty funny site to see.

Nice repaint of the hull BTW.