Thread: monokote covering On boat

Default monokote covering On boat

hi everyone ; my Friend and i purchased a similar boat TFL Caudwell F1, the Problem is that they Only had one single Color in Stock [green ],

Now i do have Some Monokote color Strips that came with my airplanes, and am wondering if i can use it on my Fiberglass Boat to differentiate Betw. each other.i Understand that They r two different Material {balsa wood e Fiberglass} but the installation will be the Same "heat" ... Any advise will b Appreciate, Thanks.,

I remember a 'flyboy' doing it to a boat years ago. I think the boat was balsa & he wanted to use monokote to seal the boat instead of painting it. Looked brilliant with 2 or 3 colours I think.

I would say it would work well on fiberglass. After all, they put wraps on model boats, & there's a bit of heat involved in that.

I know someone that did a Solartrim scheme on an H&M Skater and it worked well, it is another aero covering but self adhesive rather than iron on. I think you will have trouble getting the bubbles out of an iron on covering over a non porous glass surface.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Cool

I used Monocote on foam hulls years ago, where it worked pretty well. I agree with Paul though, on a nonporous surface it will likely bubble. I use self-adhesive vinyl on my ‘glass hulls where it looks good and lasts forever. I float it in place on a film of Windex then squeege out the bubbles.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

My planes floated well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks to 785boats, Greased Weasel and everyone else for your input, i guess the Only bad thing that can happen is that it may peel out after few month of use , and for the bubbles that may form, i do have a special tool to take care of that,,, the "sowing Needle" to pop it off, Lol.,