Thread: Problems connecting my mx3 to hobbywing 30a esc and motors

Default Problems connecting my mx3 to hobbywing 30a esc and motors

ITS COME DOWN TO ASKING FOR HELP ON THIS FORUM. I CONNECT A FULLY CHARGED LIPO 3S 1200 MAH BATTERY TO A HOBBYWING 30A ESC AND MOTOR ALL I GET IS A STEADY BEEP NOISE. MY MAIN GOAL IS TO HAVE 2 ESC'S WITH 2 MOTORS AND 1 BATTERY. SAME THING HAPPENS WHEN I HOOK UP BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. STEADY SINGLE BEEP. IVE RUN BOTH ESC'S TO A Y CONNECTOR AND DISSCONNECTED POWER GOING TO ONE OF THE BEC. ALSO HAVE A Y CONNECTOR FOR THE DEANS GOING TO THE BATTERY. I CANT SEEM TO GET THE RADIO TO CALIBRATE.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The steady beep is telling you that the esc is not seeing a signal from the receiver. Check your wires, make sure they are not backwards. Is the receiver powered on? If the ESC has an internal BEC and you wish to use an external (recommended), then remove the middle red wire on each esc AND the receiver. So, external BEC runs to receiver, remove the red wire coming from the receiver to your Y cable and red wire on each esc connector. You need complete power isolation from the external BEC. Hope that helps, good luck to ya!

If you want to use the internal BEC, you can only use one of them. I don’t trust ESC’s internal BEC. But if you do, then lift the middle red wire from only ONE ESC, everything else stays put. I pull the terminal out, fold it back and tape it to the wire, so I can use it again if necessary....

Im new to all this electric stuff. Thanks for the info.

Just got it working THANK YOU

Ahhh, a good ending!