Thread: graphene batteries?

Default graphene batteries?

I've seen references to graphene batteries here and was wondering about them. I'm going to be ordering batteries for my Blackjack soon so I would like some info on these.

The Turnigy Graphenes are getting some very good results & seem to be quite popular @ a good price for Graphenes, a bit more expensive but are getting good results are the Dinogy Graphene 2.0.

Graphite’s are the “new technology” cells. Like the last generation, there are graphines and then there are graphines - some brands are great, some not so much. The only way to tell the difference is to ask those who have used them. Club members have had good success with Turnigy, Dinogy and Revos; I know there are other good ones but I can’t identify them. The next packs I buy will be graphines.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Giant Power has the new Graphene 2.0 @ a very good price.
    Contact Bob Z. at;
    https://www.mojoracingproducts.com/

Many podium finishes at the recent NAMBA NAT's

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

What I am observing with the Revo GO packs I have.
    They do not quite pack the same punch as my (3+ year old) 427"s, which are only ever charged to 4.2V.
    The cells IR's are not as even, but they do balance well.
    The graphene packs however on lower current draws (50-60 amps) will take drawing out 98% of there charge without heating or puffing or other normal damage that seems to be the case with normal lipos. Good for endurance runs in that respect. I find though that in normal sprint racing they get reasonably hot, haven't had a temp gun handy to check how hot yet. I will have to remember to do that one day. We will have to see how they hold out in the long run.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

My son yesterday received two Turnigy graphene packs (2.2 mah 3s 60C) and if the quality is as good as the ornate packaging then they will be fine. I have never seen such excessive, ornate packaging previously. The quality black packaging has full internal foam lining plus magnetic catches. One pack would only charge to 4.16v, 4.17v and 4.16volts. Perhaps with a few more recharges it may improve.

Hope this Graphene thing takes off. I invested some money a few years ago in different company's that deal with Graphene on all levels. I'm also going to purchase some of these batteries and see if they are better than my standard Lipo's

A lot that are using Graphenes are seeing lower battery temps with less voltage drop.