Thread: Sorry for another "what to buy" thread...

Default Sorry for another "what to buy" thread...

But let's be honest, we all love helping other people spend their money :)

I'm a helicopter guy getting into surface. I've done trucks for a little bit and I had one boat (the 26" shockwave) which led to many unfortunate but necessary "learning experiences".

I'm ready to get back into boating with a better quality boat this time, but I still want something RTR and I prefer Proboat/Horizon Hobby because of their customer service (my last boat literally exploded, probably my fault, and they sent me a new one!).

I'm looking at the Voracity 36, the Zelos 36, and the Traxxas M41. By all accounts the Zelos seems to be an amazing boat, but it's a bit outside my budget and I don't love the idea of twice the moving parts. The M41 seems a nice value, but I'd prefer a fiberglass hull. I'm leaning towards the Voracity as it seems to be the best overall value, is pretty fast (i want something over 50 mph for sure), and I hear a V-bottom is better for a relatively newb like myself.

What are your thoughts? Will i regret not getting the Zelos? Or will I appreciate the simplicity of a one-motor setup? Are there other boats I should consider?

PS- I have lots of 5000mph 3s EC5 batteries laying around and I have a programmable spektrum surface radio, so that's another +1 for proboat.

I would get the Voracity over the M41, the Voracity will run in a fair bit of chop. The M41 being a cat will need smoother conditions + the M41 is an ABS plastic hull.

And yes the mono is easier to set up.

The Veles should get you what you want for less $$$$. Did you consider that one? A little shorter than the models you listed, however.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...s-29-Catamaran

Avoid Traxxass marine products

I love my Voracity, but it needs hull reinforcement for faster 6S speeds. Mine takes all the abuse I throw at it now, aside from a rudder issue with larger props. But, as someone already mentioned, if you're buying new, I'd spend the money on the Veles if the style is something you can tolerate. The performance out of that hull even in stock form is very impressive from what I've seen online.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Why do you say that? I’ve had a great experience with Traxxas products, both their marine products as well as their trucks. They have excellent product service and the Spartan is a beast. I personally love the Spartan. I’d buy another one if I was in the market for an RTR. The plastic hull design isn’t as bad as its made out to be. Definitely give it a look!
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Agree 100%

Very cheaply made stuff.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

My vote is Veles or Zelos. If you have to have a 36” hull then just save up and get the Zelos.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was