Thread: Spectrum DX4C with dsmr will not bind

Default Spectrum DX4C with dsmr will not bind

I cannot get my spectrum DX4C to bind with my SR3100 or my SR310. What am I doing wrong.
    I go to the bind mode and power up my receiver and push the roller and it will not bind.

you might have your bind plug plugged in backwards which means the polarity is reversed. Make sure when the bind plug is inserted into the receiver the light flashes twice then flashes rapidly. If the light flashes slowly remove the bind plug and turn it around or flip it and reinsert until the light flashes rapidly, then press bind.

Light flashes rapidly still nothing.

Don't know what I did but I got it to bind . Going to try and repeat the process.
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    Don't know what I did but I got it to bind . Going to try and repeat the process.
    Thanks for your help.
    Another cause for binding complications is distance. .sometimes having the TX and RX being so close will affect the binding process. You must get some distance between the TX and RX. . .have the TX about 4-5FT away from the RX and try that.

I had to press and release the roller switch . I was holding it down, what a dumba$$. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    I had to press and release the roller switch . I was holding it down, what a dumba$$. Thanks again.
    LOL. . .glad you figured it out. .you're not the only one that has done that. . .LOL .

FWIW, the bind plug has no polarity, it just shorts out two pins. And as already mentioned, proximity is often my gremlin when something doesn't bind quickly.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)