Thread: Best way to strap in battery Packs es

Default Best way to strap in battery Packs es

Is there a cheap way of doing this?

Duct tape? Cheap, and if using Gorilla Tape it would be pretty secure.

I usually glue in battery trays using JB Weld, put strips of Velcro on the tray and pack, then use Velcro straps to secure the packs. A violent flip can cause packs to knock off the hatch if using Velcro hook and loop alone.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Do u put the Velcro straps under the battery trays. Can show me a picture

I think he means you glue the battery tray to the hull, you put velcro on the top(exposed) side of the battery tray and you put the other part of the velcro on your battery so that when you put the battery on the battery tray they adhere or stick to each other. Then use velcro straps to further strengthen the connection between the battery and the battery tray. You would loop the velcro straps under and over the battery tray so when you strap in the battery you are strapping it to the battery tray which is glued to the hull. I use two straps for each battery . . .one strap on opposing ends of the battery. Some use only one strap and strapping the entire length of the battery.

I use 3m or Velcro brand 2" hook tape in the hull and 3/4" loop bands around the batteries. Its strong and stays put even after a couple flips and I like the fact it's not permanent. You could also put the 2" loop on the batts but I have not needed to. Not the best pic but you get the idea. Just a side note, my setup is packed pretty tight with the flotation in but if you have a lot of room the Velcro on the pack it self would be wise.

Resized_20170807_201057.jpg

Or these but they must be bonded to the hull
    20170728_175825.jpg
    Last edited by R2315; 10-25-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R2315 View Post
    I use 3m or Velcro brand 2" hook tape in the hull and 3/4" loop bands around the batteries. Its strong and stays put even after a couple flips and I like the fact it's not permanent. You could also put the 2" loop on the batts but I have not needed to. Not the best pic but you get the idea. Just a side note, my setup is packed pretty tight with the flotation in but if you have a lot of room the Velcro on the pack it self would be wise.

Resized_20170807_201057.jpg

Or these but they must be bonded to the hull
    20170728_175825.jpg
    What did you use for the battery trays?

No trays, first pic is just strapping them in with Velcro and the second pic is straps epoxied to the hull with a piece of single sided foam tape on top. Both ways work well and I don't have room for trays anyway. Here is a better pic of the Velcro only setup:

_DSC1183.jpg

These are the trays mentioned with a pic showing the Velcro straps around them
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80525

I go to home Depot and buy a box of industrial Velcro and stick a piece to the battery and a piece to the bottom of the boat. but don't make it too wide on the battery about 1/2" should do it, and put a longer strip down in the hull so you can have some forward and aft movement to help balance your boat to where it helps with the trim I find slightly back of center of gravity so you get a bit of extra weight aft helps out and when you find your boats sweet spot mark it. I have never has one of my batteries come off and I have seriously flipped my boat. and Ps I don't much care for the duct tape idea Eww.
    Peter Eells; Fun, and Helping others To Have Fun!!!
    http://rcboatsbypetere.blogspot.com/
    RC.Boats.by.Pete@gmail.com

This is exactly what I do. The stuff is crazy strong! https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...ck-B&WT.srch=1
    Pursuit: T-180, TP 4060/1620kv. Genesis: T-180, GoolRC 2000kv. UL-1: Bone stock. MHZ Tsunami: Full tilt SAW project!