Thread: motor rust

Default motor rust

I have a motor that has not been used for the last 6 weeks that did work fine. But now when I tried it cogs on start up.
    So I opened it up and notice rust on the stator. Can that be cleaned off and still run ok or should I scrap the motor avoiding
    a risk of blowing my esc. The motor did cog on start but would run. The boat and motor were left in the garage with the cowl on
    so I think it was from condensation.
    :canada

Doesn't take much.

You can try with WD40 first and maybe some corrosion block after. Is it really bad or just a few spots? Magnets can rust too.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Clogging has nothing to do with a little surface rust. If the motor windings are damaged then he risks blowing his ESC if he keeps running the motor. I think there is more to this story than just a little condensation...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Doesn't take much.

You can try with WD40 first and maybe some corrosion block after. Is it really bad or just a few spots? Magnets can rust too.
    Ran in salt water and drowned several motors, but I just flush with fresh water and sprayed with corrosion X worked very well.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2