Thread: Possible new project

1. Default Possible new project

I am looking for something to do kind of bored so I think I would like to try to make one of my Casper Hydros into an RC. these guys are real small at 7.25 inches long so it will be a challenge so I was thinking of getting a small RC boat or car to rob the running gear from. Any suggestions would be great. I know I would probably need to make the rudder and strut thinking just one maybe two cell lipo.

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
    Billy Graham

Wow that is smaller than micro. You will need a motor that is one inch long and a tiny esc. Props will need to be cut down plastic.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

What a cute project. Where did you get the hull? I have fancied a tiny FE boat for a while. Maybe using one of the 10g outrunners and 6A ESCs popular with the indoor flying guys. I have not done FE that size but I have RCed an airfix MTB with stripped out Futaba 3003 servos and used them for a motor and ESC in on 1s, I used 2000mAh as ballast so it didn't plane, but it has a fair bit of thrust, if you built light and used 1s 200mAh it might plane. It might also not, but it is a cheap experiment as you probably have (or know someone that has) an old standard analogue servo in the parts bin that wont ever be used again.
    Paul "tug Killer" Upton-Taylor, Cat lover.
    FastElectricBoats.co.uk

4. Default

They are available on eBay and I think the Hydroplane museum web store has them also

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
    Billy Graham

Very cool Jim have seen a few videos of these running in pools super fun looking!

Blackjack 9 rudder. Maybe pull some other things from the bj9 too. Servo would work. It doesn’t have a strut, just brass tube. You might could do the same thing
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph

Cool project! Maybe you can use parts from the boat in the link below. I purchased one at the beginning of the summer and I have more time running it than any of my other boats this year. It's a fun little boat and everything might fit in your project.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality...QAAOSwaPtZ3Y1Q

Jim, you use to be able to get a motor kit for the Casper boats, or are you looking for more power? I think I might just plug to a battery have steering of some sort, boat can't be that fast and let it go.

9. Default

Ya I was looking to go 1 cell lipo small servo motor and esc, brushed or brushless
    Billy Graham