Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well.......she's all done !!

Nice work, that hydro is moving

what power set up does this P.T. Hydro have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Latest update from a late night testing. Boat went 108.3 mph ....and was still climbing according to the data log, and then backed it up with 106 mph. She pulled 347 amps and turned 44,500 rpm. Boat comes in loaded at 13 lbs. Am real happy that all this work paid off and it made my night....and a winter that will not end, I am in CT,LOL.

I was having blow overs at 93 mph and said screw it....put 1.5 oz on each side {inside}of the sponson tips and at the last minute before I taped the hatch down put one more ounce up front "for the hell of it". I hate adding weight but I also detest blow overs. Well she loved the extra weight.
    My only problem is I am using my new 2.4 gig Futaba setup and at the furthest distance I will loose communication. I am not loosing control of the boat but the ESC is beeping telling me that I am and I assume it happens at the maximum distance from me . I sent her way out on these run's also. Antenna is at max height and I hold the radio up a little as soon as the boat passes me. Does not seem to be a major issue but I will poke around a little with the receiver.
    Hey good run,, you got more speed with your new SuperSport45 hydro.

No Phil ! YOU got more speed! Boat is solid and water tight on the hull. It is defenetly a little looser, AOA, and is why it is faster.
    Another great build of your hull because of you...THANK'S !!
    Rol.... power is a NEU 1530 2,200 kv, 6s and a Mamba 1/5 ESC water cooled.
    Last edited by Gary; 04-03-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Gary, what is the saw world record for a 6s sport hydro ? i think you might be there.

I have no idea. Would love to do a SAW event but between the Rc Heli's, Boats and "Real" car racing that would be stretching things a bit. So the boat is just personal fun....that i take to far like everything else.LOL

you could fit a saw run in as there would be plenty of notice when the event is on. you should do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123