Thread: Differing between a clever and chopper a.b.c. prop

Default Differing between a clever and chopper a.b.c. prop

What is the difference and peformance , use and preferences in each one. Thanks mike

chopper will rev higher be a easier prop to turn better hole shot less top end less amp draw kinda like using a small prop then it's cleaver partner guys love them in the gas world !

Most of us that use ABC on FE boats are using the cleaver style prop (CLL and CLR series). As Dasboata mentioned, the chopper style has more tounge and a better bite on the water on start-up. The cleavers have less tounge, slip a little more on start, but do great on the top end of things.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ya, looking for a prop to run on my bjv3 with upgrade 3831 motor on 4s, 6s is to fast for the pond i run in. Was thinking on trying a abc prop, i have a X642 s@b by dasboata. Runs good but thought might do better with abc tried a 645 prop went into protection.but my lvc was set at 3.4 i set it to 3.2 just have not tried it yet.

I know the new veles29 has a 1.7x1.6=2
    72 and 645 has a 2.83 total pitch difference ,.11in total pitch these boats like 442
    - 445 props and yes i understand there is difference between the boats just seems like a ×645 should work.
    Last edited by montymike; 10-08-2017 at 01:10 PM.

ABC 1716 or 1715 is about all I would spin stock. The 1716 is pushing it.

Ya on 6s , thinking 1815,1816 a.b.c. on 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    I know the new veles29 has a 1.7x1.6=2
    72 and 645 has a 2.83 total pitch difference ,.11in total pitch these boats like 442
    - 445 props and yes i understand there is difference between the boats just seems like a ×645 should work.
    Try an M series. . .m645. .You said the X642 was good but could do more with the X645 but went to protection mode
    the M645 is the same as an X645 but has had the ears or tongue reduced by cutting them off thus reducing the blade area by removing the lowest pitch section. This helps to unload the prop, giving more revs than the full bladed X645. So if you liked what the X645 did but put too much load on the prop and putting it on protection mode after a short run and an X642 is just a bit small, then try the M645. The M645 will give you faster acceleration and top end speed but less heat produced than a X645 will do so you won't go to protection mode but then again the M645 might still be too much. I believe Ken, Tamelesstgr , had one here for sale. $35 for a sharpened and balanced and THINNED M645 is a great deal and Ken sells great props...always as described. However, if you already have the prop and don't mind getting your hands dirty, so to speak, you can cut them off yourself. Just make sure you cut it evenly and sharpen and balance accordingly. I like my props super sharp. There's many sites showing you how to detongue a prop . . . .good luck Mike.
    Last edited by Bp9145; 10-10-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: prop number

Ya on 6s , thinking 1815,1816 a.b.c. on 4s.

Just so you know, in my testing, an 1815-17-45 prop is 10+mph faster than an m645 andpulls a few less amps. That was dialing both props in to run the best they could. Not just simply swapping one for the other because of the lift difference between the two. An 1814 is 5-7mph faster with even less amp draw. FYI
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

very true. . .good luck finding one but I think fweasel said it could be had for $1,000,000. . LOL

Thanks was thinking aboat going to a.b.c. props.

Thanks was thinking aboat going to a.b.c. props.
    I don't think you'll find an abc 1815-17-45 prop anytime soon or for most of the popular abc props for fe for that matter. That's why I suggested if you would like to try the M645 since you have a better chance of getting one then any of the abc props. However, as some members have said they're coming soon and it's been over two months since I've heard that. Also, just to be on the safe side drop your timing to 7°. The stock timing is 15°, maybe you can drop the timing to 7° and then try running the X645 since you already have it and you had good results with the X642 with no issues. I'm from Clinton Township, Michigan and I know the weather there. Winter might come early or maybe a little later but if you want that boat on the water now, try using the props you have but drop the timing to 7°. Also with the timing on 7° you can try your stock props on 6S or if you have a larger prop like an X447 try that on 4S first on 7° timing and if all is cool then on 6S but check temps for sure. Then you might get a little more speed with less heat issues since you just want a little more and 6S was too much on your lake. I understand you want to stay on 4S but you can still run 6S just with a different set up and not get to that speed where it's too much for that lake and at the same time keep your electronics cool and not go to protection mode.

Thanks for all the help o.b.t.w. i live in clio mi l.o.l.

Thanks for all the help o.b.t.w. i live in clio mi l.o.l.
    small town but I bet it's a beautiful town. I used to take leisurely drives and would take side roads when we would go places. And we use to go to Frankenmuth and Birch Run Outlets. So i'm sure I've probably run through there.

Yes, go all the time��