Thread: ML Boat Works 166/MHR 9601 Build

Default ML Boat Works 166/MHR 9601 Build

Making a return to 1/8th hydro's after a 20 yr hiatus. This hull will be one of the 1995-99 Miss Budweiser T-5 if I get the Namba hull registration. Or if not it may change to one of the others hull's this 9601 kit can recreate.

Spent a few hrs making a build fixture, punching out all the parts and dry fitting to make sure all is right before starting the glue up.

I did find one issue with a few of the engine well side panel notches for the rear non-trip ribs the laser missed cutting so simply set them up in my milling machine cut them with a 1/16 end mill. All the dry fitting is done waiting for the BVM V epoxy, carbon fiber and resin to show up in a day or so.

MORE TO FOLLOW
    IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    Last edited by Tom G; 09-30-2017 at 11:43 AM.

I love watching a new build thread.
    All the best.

A little more progress most of the glue-up is done. Sponson stringers and fitting of skin's next after a few days for all the epoxy has a good chance to cure.

IMG_1104.JPG

Hey Tom, can you point to the area the laser missed, it could be my file is not correct, and I would like to fix this issue. So sorry for the problem with it! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Not really a problem Mike the kit is a great product

I'm a CNC machine shop owner so I do not think the problem was with Ur file. The issue was only on 1 of the 2 engine well sides rear ribs slot 3 was good 4&5 the laser only etched the surface but did not burn completely thru the plywood. More then like the issue was with the lasers Z axis in that location. It was easier for me to cut them with a 1/16th end-mill then to butcher them with an exact-o knife.