Thread: Cheetah Wraps

Default Cheetah Wraps

Anyone installed one of these wraps from this place?

http://www.jetskidetailing.com/16-Fi...-f_series.html
    IMPBA 20583

Hey Modvp, what happened to your post? I had an email saying "Here is one installed", buts it's gone...
    IMPBA 20583

Mysterious

Not the only mystery, that Oh Boy Oberto post went missing too... I hope those guys work it out, but that was weird!

MonoJeff must have erased this one... haha
    IMPBA 20583

Haha funny he never posted a picture which is why I think he deleted it himself.

To answer your questions yes there is a posting somewhere with one of his wraps installed that I had seen long ago.
    He uses good materials and they fit nice.

I am not the only guy who can make decals and wraps but if you are interested in something else then this you know where to find me!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Is it wrong that I pictured a sandwich wrap made of cheetahs?
    Noisy person

Your imagination is Spot on!
    IMPBA 20583

Sign shop guy said it wasn't too bad, he said that the canopy top would be a pain so we decided to leave it off.

IMG_4365.jpg
    IMPBA 20583

Can you post a picture of the bottom? Curious where the wrap ends. What does a wrap like that cost?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I end my wraps just above the water line and seal them with thinned epoxy or clear coat on the edge.

Not sure what he charges but boats in this size I charge around $100 depending on the design.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

@monojeff - I quickly went through your Facebook page and your graphics look impressive. I had several questions I hope you don't mind answering...

How do you handle complex angles on say a deep vee where the deck rises to form the windscreen of the cockpit? I tried wrapping my deck with 3m vinyl and it came out like crap around that part, especially as it nears the transom; the angles of that windscreen screw with the vinyl as it joins back over the center line at the transom. I heated and stretched it pretty aggressively too. I've done enough film covering in my life (monokote with rc airplanes and most recently 3m vinyl to wrap automotive interior trim) to have an idea about how to do it, but I'm no pro.

Do your customers supply you a design? Is it just a picture of a full size boat and you do the rest, or do you have something along the lines of a catalog from which customers can select a design. If a customer can submit a picture, how many angles do you need? Resolution? I found some neat pictures of real power boats via Google; is that enough?

What would the cost be for a 48" Warehouse Hobbies Enforcer (deep vee) with a simple, moderate, or complex design? The boat has a rub rail where the deck joins the hull; how is that accounted for in your designs? The boat is gel coated red; do you offer suggestions on what does and doesn't work from a design perspective?

Do you require the customer's actual boat in order to make the graphics? Or do you have specs you can access (or do you require the customer to supply key measurements)?

Are you restricted by copyright on what you can print? For example, what if I wanted to have a design that incorporates my favorite college's logos?

I reached out to a Tampa vinyl shop that specializes in vehicle wraps about doing something with my boat. I even sent them pictures but they never replied back. Not worth their time I guess.

Thank you for your time,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Plea View Post
    Anyone installed one of these wraps from this place?

http://www.jetskidetailing.com/16-Fi...-f_series.html
    I had one of this guys kits on a UL-1. I was very pleased for the money.
    It got lots of attention at the pond. I sold the boat a while ago because it was a UL-1
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Pennstater View Post
    @monojeff - I quickly went through your Facebook page and your graphics look impressive. I had several questions I hope you don't mind answering...

How do you handle complex angles on say a deep vee where the deck rises to form the windscreen of the cockpit? I tried wrapping my deck with 3m vinyl and it came out like crap around that part, especially as it nears the transom; the angles of that windscreen screw with the vinyl as it joins back over the center line at the transom. I heated and stretched it pretty aggressively too. I've done enough film covering in my life (monokote with rc airplanes and most recently 3m vinyl to wrap automotive interior trim) to have an idea about how to do it, but I'm no pro.

Do your customers supply you a design? Is it just a picture of a full size boat and you do the rest, or do you have something along the lines of a catalog from which customers can select a design. If a customer can submit a picture, how many angles do you need? Resolution? I found some neat pictures of real power boats via Google; is that enough?

What would the cost be for a 48" Warehouse Hobbies Enforcer (deep vee) with a simple, moderate, or complex design? The boat has a rub rail where the deck joins the hull; how is that accounted for in your designs? The boat is gel coated red; do you offer suggestions on what does and doesn't work from a design perspective?

Do you require the customer's actual boat in order to make the graphics? Or do you have specs you can access (or do you require the customer to supply key measurements)?

Are you restricted by copyright on what you can print? For example, what if I wanted to have a design that incorporates my favorite college's logos?

I reached out to a Tampa vinyl shop that specializes in vehicle wraps about doing something with my boat. I even sent them pictures but they never replied back. Not worth their time I guess.

Thank you for your time,

Matt
    Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but here it goes.

First this i hear you mention is you heated and stretched.
    This use to be what was taught in the wrap world but now everyone knows stretching is doing it incorrectly.
    You want to heat and relax the material. Complex curves and these small boats make it pretty difficult at times.
    I have wrapped the angles your talking about in 1 piece on my rampage mono it was not easy but has held no problem I will post a photo of it later on.

Yes I have some customers who supply designs and others who simply have an idea and I have to figure out a way to make it all work.
    I have one many replica boats they are some of my all time favorites.
    The more photos you have the better to get things as close as possible.
    Resolution isnt such a big deal if I am using photo for reference but as far as printing goes wide format doesn't typically need more then 150 at most the higher resolutions doesn't always translate the same as it would with other types of printing.

Full wrap on 3-4' range typically is around $100 give or take and simpler designs could be half that or sometimes even less depending on all the sizing and time/material it takes to produce.

No I do not require the actual boat as I would say 99% of the stuff I have done is without ever having a customers boat.
    I have done a few customers boats myself and shipped back but typically I am able to guide the person through the process.
    I have had first time people who have hardly applied a decal do pretty well with a complete wrap at times it really depends on the person and their abilities.
    I often say if you can build and tinker on a boat then I can guide you through installing a wrap.

As for the rub rail I typically cut it below the rail to release that edge and then continue the graphic from there......

I have some specs for certain things I have done in the past but most always check dimensions and sizing with customers at time of design before final printing to assure they fit correctly.

A lot of sign shops have a minimum and most likely to them it isn't something worth while to try to work with you on as there in generally a bit of back and forth and for them something new and not use to things.
    I have been doing this so long I am able to work through a lot of that stuff without any added time as I an in the hobby and understand a lot of the issues or concerns others might have problems with.

Hope I have answered most of your questions and helped others that might also be wondering some of the same things.
    Shoot me a PM to discuss things further if youd like be happy to chat with you more on things.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Here are a couple of wraps done by a local here in las Vegas. I watched him do it and no way could I do a job this good. He used a squeegee, a rubber roller and a torch to get the job done.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images