Thread: Pacer Z-poxy finishing resin ?

Default Pacer Z-poxy finishing resin ?

Hi all. Does anyone know if this finishing resin is 100% waterproof ? I want to test my wooden micro mono in the pool before i paint it ? Regards Andris Golts.

the other z-epoxy resins are waterproof so i would expect this 2 part finishing resin by z-pozy is waterproof as well.

The manufacturer says: “great for sealing model boat hulls, inside and out.”

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

All epoxies are waterproof if applied well, open grain woods will absorb quite a lot though, so it is best to apply 2 coats allowing the first to dry before the second. The first coat should have as much wiped off the surface as possible, it is just to get into the wood and stop it absorbing the second coat, which seals it up.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks for the great information. Regards Andris Golts

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    All epoxies are waterproof if applied well, open grain woods will absorb quite a lot though, so it is best to apply 2 coats allowing the first to dry before the second. The first coat should have as much wiped off the surface as possible, it is just to get into the wood and stop it absorbing the second coat, which seals it up.
    Paul,

Do you sand between seal coats? I am still trying to perfect the sealing method. I end up relying on epoxy paint to truly seal the boat. Multiple primer coats and then finishing the top coat with 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 3M finesse-it.

i find an old stanley knife blade works very well of scraping back the epoxy between coats, seems to work better than sand paper and leaves a very smooth finish.

That's an interesting method. I learned on here to try and apply it with an old white 100% cotton shirt and I like that. seemed to go on nice and light not requiring much after.
    Nortavlag Bulc