Thread: Help choosing hardware for hydro

Default Help choosing hardware for hydro

I have a gp310 that's about ready for some hardware. Most of all I need to figure out the turn fin situation. I have a block of aluminum on the way to put into the sponsons so I can get on to decking.
    Curious what turn fin would work. I could make my own, but I'm not sure if a ul1 sized fin would be proper.
    Also I'm curious about the strut. On the website Mike says a round bottom strut, but would a flat bottom not be better for a hydro?
    My plan is to use speedmaster stuff.
    I hear the Virginia craftsman fins are great but impossible to get. Not sure I need stainless anyways.
    So if anyone has any insight please lmk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

nevermind, i ordered what i think i need. ill figure all this out myself. this thread can be deleted or whatever. thanks
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Hey man, I'm listening! I've just been through a turn fin odessey.. I started with a fin for 1/8 scale that had a single angle break in it. It worked pretty well, but I was having trouble getting larger prop pitches to work. A friend gave me an 1/8 scale thin full radius fin. Had to cut that down too! Just ran it, man they are great! I tried the UL-1, don't waste your time. It bends looking at it and the bracket is a joke. Go here: http://accu-techrchardware.com/turnfins.html

Check out Part #ATHTFA-100. This is a 7075 thin, full curve fin. I think the GP310 is about 1/10 scale, right? That's what my hydro is, 34".

Can't go wrong with Speedmaster gear. I got all Speedmaster on my boat. I'm using the larger 21 size, 3/16 shaft and the large rudder. I had to cut that down, probably need to widdle even more.

Let me know if you need part numbers, glad to help out!

Thanks for the Link buddy 👍🏻

Take a look at the fins that Mojo racing has. They are stainless steel, real thin and strong. I got one for my RSX310 through Mike. Mojo carries them. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bob horowitz View Post
    Take a look at the fins that Mojo racing has. They are stainless steel, real thin and strong. I got one for my RSX310 through Mike. Mojo carries them. Very nice.
    Yeah that's what I ended up ordering. Thanks.