Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Esc cutting out

Quote Originally Posted by R2315 View Post
    Try being from Toronto, Canada! The only thing I can race around here is a sailboat with a servo! I envy you guys......
    Check out Durham Region model Boaters on Facebook. They have places they run just east of Toronto.
    Nortavlag Bulc

It's not so much they frown upon it here, but from what I see and I could be wrong the lack of good spots to run within the city is translating into hobby shops just not carrying much FE boat stuff. Even in cottage country it's slim pickings and there is just not enough interest being generated. Makes it dificult for people that want to get into the hobby or even stay in it. Most places sell RTR stuff but if that's not your thing good luck. Also not a lot of people are willing to pay the premium to buy from the U.S./Eourpe and Don't get me wrong there are some great canadian companies out there but let's face it...you guys have most of the good stuff when it comes the FE boating especially the motors like Neu and Lehner. Thank God for OSE Store because if it were not for them I probably wouldn't be in this. Who knows, maybe it's more popular here than I am aware of but I personally don't see it. Larry has given me some hope though!

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Check out Durham Region model Boaters on Facebook. They have places they run just east of Toronto.
    Thanks Ray, I'll check them out!

I wise old NAMBA guy once told me "the first race happened when the second guy showed up".

He also said "the first rule was made up by the guy that lost"

The trick is finding someone you can stand and putting a controller in their hand. Set the hook and reel like crazy. Its the fun that's contagious.
    Noisy person

Agreed!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t.s.davis View Post
    i wise old namba guy once told me "the first race happened when the second guy showed up".

He also said "the first rule was made up by the guy that lost"

the trick is finding someone you can stand and putting a controller in their hand. Set the hook and reel like crazy. Its the fun that's contagious.

Ya most of the racers say low kv, increase prop and data log.

good reading !!!!! I have a new respect for you guys , I am defiantly one of those know it all guys, you all talk about ,,, but after reading this I hope to listen more and talk less , the KV thing is what I have problems with , sorry guys that , I probable have pissed off to the point they will not help me anymore , I'm just a cave man !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    good reading !!!!! I have a new respect for you guys , I am defiantly one of those know it all guys, you all talk about ,,, but after reading this I hope to listen more and talk less , the KV thing is what I have problems with , sorry guys that , I probable have pissed off to the point they will not help me anymore , I'm just a cave man !!!
    I've been seeing yer posts for years Chris. You haven't managed to piss me off yet. That's say'n something.

Your post made me re-read some of this thread. I sure come off as a weeny sometimes. Still doing mad science on our pond. We're always trying something new just to see if it can be done. So fun.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I've been seeing yer posts for years Chris. You haven't managed to piss me off yet. That's say'n something.

Your post made me re-read some of this thread. I sure come off as a weeny sometimes. Still doing mad science on our pond. We're always trying something new just to see if it can be done. So fun.
    You sounded like a man who knew what he was talking about and when Craig and Jay & other agreed I knew that was the right information although I'll always go more lol thanks Terry !!!

What C rating is your battery? Do you have a smaller prop to try? Could be overloading your motor and battery can't provide enough juice so volts drop. Can always turn off lvc and just do short runs..that's the easiest but could be risky. Does your prop spin freely without too much effort..if it's bound up a bit could cause the voltage drop. Lower kv motor or larger motor will give you more torque and cause less voltage drop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123