View Poll Results: Would you be interested in....

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wider genesis?

19 76.00%
  • Keep genesis the same

0 0%
  • Wider apparition?

5 20.00%
  • Keep apparition the same

1 4.00%

Thread: Poll: would you be interested in a wider genesis and apparition?

Default Poll: would you be interested in a wider genesis and apparition?

So the apparition and genesis have been the same ole hull for quite some time now. I wanted to try and convince tfl to offer wider versions of these hulls. Wouldn't it be nice to have one of these awesome looking boats in a version that would turn pretty well? I think so. Personally I think they are some of the best looking hulls on the market. I thought tfl was going to do this a while back on the genesis but it looks like the only refresh it got was a different paint job. I see an apparition 2 but I can't tell any difference. I think a lot of customers skip over the genesis because it does not turn well and neither does the apparition. Maybe if enough people showed interest in it, we may be able to make it happen. So vote and also voice your concerns. Both I think would be a very welcome update to what's currently available.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Been there and got no where unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Been there and got no where unfortunately.
    Yea I remember. But it don't hurt to try again.

To be clear, I wouldn't want them to drop the current models but just offer wider versions.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

It would be nice.

i feel if this company want to expand there business they need to listen and take note of what there clients want in boating. [ feedback ]

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    It would be nice.
    yup
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by rol243 View Post
    i feel if this company want to expand there business they need to listen and take note of what there clients want in boating. [ feedback ]
    AquaCraft UL-1 59mph.
    Motley Crew 61mph.
    JAE 21FE ~~~ 70 MPH Club ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by rol243 View Post
    I agree. They are hard to deal with too if you've ever dealt with them. They have some good offerings but I agree they need to list to their customers.

A modded splash sits better with me than a splash, so I hope they do mod them and discontinue the current ones. I prefer wider cats for my uses too.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

There is one way...cut and widen one, take a mould off it and make hulls. Hey TFL might get a tetchy about it but if they won't do it... Essentially though it would be your own design. Just the way I see it.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    There is one way...cut and widen one, take a mould off it and make hulls. Hey TFL might get a tetchy about it but if they won't do it... Essentially though it would be your own design. Just the way I see it.

Yea that was my plan but I didn't want to tick anyone off with announcing that publicly. I'm going to give them a chance and see if they will, there is definitely money to be made selling wider versions. If they choose not to, then I may do it myself. While I'm at it, the hatch opening will get bigger to for ease of building and battery choices. I am going to send one of their reps a link to this thread so guys, the more interest shown the better chance we may have.

Need to vote for more than one, wider versions of both would be my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
    Need to vote for more than one, wider versions of both would be my vote.
    I tried to go back and edit the poll but it wouldn't let me.

I don't recall who, but someone on here already widened a Genesis, he added about 2 inches to the tunnel IIRC.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Some time ago. I cut & shut two Genesis hulls together to make a wide 'M' hull cat. Had three motors, each on a 4s pack. I must drag it out of the mothballs & have a few more runs with it. Although I've robbed the motors & ESC's for other projects.
    Here was its second test run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=glvPv5ZEqJM

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Some time ago. I cut & shut two Genesis hulls together to make a wide 'M' hull cat. Had three motors, each on a 4s pack. I must drag it out of the mothballs & have a few more runs with it. Although I've robbed the motors & ESC's for other projects.
    Here was its second test run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=glvPv5ZEqJM

I remember that thread. I was following it. Good stuff.

looks like she has some good speed there Paul. well done on this mod / conversion.

Thanks bud.
    But yes, a wider Genesis type cat hull from TFL would be a good boat to have.