Thread: X460-3 to big for 1/8th scale hydro

Default X460-3 to big for 1/8th scale hydro

Might try an X460-3 on my 1/8th scale hydro Miss Bud. Using a SF 300 esc and Leapard 5698 (835kv) on 10s. Boat was scratch build and come in at about 20 lbs ready to run.

The prop was prepared by Dasboata and was 'cut back slightly'. Looks nice, just don't want to burn up the esc...

Best prop so far is a de tongued X457-2. (max speed of 55-56 mph pretty consistently)

Do you think the esc will go boom? Just trying to see how much speed I can get out of it.

Will stick with something like the X457-2 to go round and round.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmm22 View Post
    Might try an X460-3 on my 1/8th scale hydro Miss Bud. Using a SF 300 esc and Leapard 5698 (835kv) on 10s. Boat was scratch build and come in at about 20 lbs ready to run.

The prop was prepared by Dasboata and was 'cut back slightly'. Looks nice, just don't want to burn up the esc...

Best prop so far is a de tongued X457-2. (max speed of 55-56 mph pretty consistently)

Do you think the esc will go boom? Just trying to see how much speed I can get out of it.

Will stick with something like the X457-2 to go round and round.

Thoughts?
    not only was the prop back cut but I rounded the ears and reduced blade area all done with temp and amp reduction in mind,,,, that is what I do,don't want to blow up anyones chit

I would like to know how you make out. my squire shop 1/8 scale with a neu 1527 1.5y on 10 s with a 450/3 detounged runs awsom don't think I would want to risk using a bigger prop

The x460 only has 5% more pitch than the x457, but a bit more efficiency and much more load. Don't expect a huge increase in speed, but the increased thrust could help move that heavy boat. I ran that prop (dasboata-modded too) on my 21# 10S cat with 800 Kv Lehner motor. I don't know the amp draw, but the Schulze 40/160 didn't get hot. How the boat is trimmed can make a big difference in performance.

What was the average and peak amp draws for the x457? Regardless, only run for one minute and bring it in to check temps.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I will have to double check but I think the amp draw was under 200. Temps were fine. Going to try to try the X460-3 next time I get to the lake.

Finally got to try they X460-3 today. Prop worked great. Boat ran smooth and hit 61 mph. Temps were not an issue at all. I'm sure the cold water this time of year helps a little but but the motor and esc were both below 80. Will have to download the data and see what kind of amps it pulled.

6008 watts with a max 165 amps