Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK/TFL Pursuit Mods

Quote Originally Posted by MadProps View Post
    Im a little confused here are have you discarded the bushings completely and running on the 1/4 tube only?
    No. 7/32" floating bushing already on the shaft. Look at #4 pictures of firsts post.
    Hydrocarbon82, thanks for sharing. Will try to find and buy a new TFL stinger to modify over winter.

I have just done pretty much a similar mod to my Pursuit. I am setting it up for endurance so I wanted the teflon liner gone and a better oiling system for the shaft. I replaced the teflon liner wit a 1/4" brass tube all the way through the stinger. The 1/4" tube is slid up through the original brass tube. I have a speedmaster floating bushing (the one with holes in it) in the stinger end. It is worth the mention that I removed the original teflon bushes which have had 4 years use and had next to no slop. I put an oiling 'can' into the existing oiling tube on the shaft. I have replaced TP 4050 2050kv motor with a smaller TP 3630 1500kv one as the goal is for long runtimes. I need 10 minutes from 4S 2P 10000 mah. It will keep the speed down but this is about testing the theory, so I need to get the current draw to around 40-45 Amps average.
    Here is a pic of the new setup, esc is still an OSE 150 Raider. The second pic is from my phone, using the RCM Telemetry, of a run I did last Saturday around the same course petrol offshore boats were running. It was with the 4050 motor and revo Go packs, 4S 5000mah 2P. I inadvertantly ran the packs right down as the LVC didn't kick in (set at 3.2v) and they took over 4900mah to charge back up! They didn't puff or seem to have suffered. Prop was a detongued X442. After about 7or 8 laps one of the guys timed me at 27s for a lap, which was as fast as the gassers were running. The 12 laps done in six minutes equates to 40 laps for 20 mins, the best the was done on the day was 38 laps for 20 mins, by gassers with bigger more powerful boats. Just interesting.

20170928_171343.jpgScreenshot_2017-09-29-07-49-22.jpg
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    I have just done pretty much a similar mod to my Pursuit. I am setting it up for endurance so I wanted the teflon liner gone and a better oiling system for the shaft. I replaced the teflon liner wit a 1/4" brass tube all the way through the stinger. The 1/4" tube is slid up through the original brass tube. I have a speedmaster floating bushing (the one with holes in it) in the stinger end. It is worth the mention that I removed the original teflon bushes which have had 4 years use and had next to no slop. I put an oiling 'can' into the existing oiling tube on the shaft. I have replaced TP 4050 2050kv motor with a smaller TP 3630 1500kv one as the goal is for long runtimes. I need 10 minutes from 4S 2P 10000 mah. It will keep the speed down but this is about testing the theory, so I need to get the current draw to around 40-45 Amps average.
    Here is a pic of the new setup, esc is still an OSE 150 Raider. The second pic is from my phone, using the RCM Telemetry, of a run I did last Saturday around the same course petrol offshore boats were running. It was with the 4050 motor and revo Go packs, 4S 5000mah 2P. I inadvertantly ran the packs right down as the LVC didn't kick in (set at 3.2v) and they took over 4900mah to charge back up! They didn't puff or seem to have suffered. Prop was a detongued X442. After about 7or 8 laps one of the guys timed me at 27s for a lap, which was as fast as the gassers were running. The 12 laps done in six minutes equates to 40 laps for 20 mins, the best the was done on the day was 38 laps for 20 mins, by gassers with bigger more powerful boats. Just interesting.

Thanks for shearing. What oil can did you use? Was it direct fit?
    Which speedmaster floating bushing do you use? Do you know where to buy a new stinger?
    Last edited by runningman; 09-28-2017 at 05:45 PM.

does the 1/4 tube go all the way into the boat to the end of the existing tube....what Im getting at is drilling the oil hole in the tube(s)? if your drilling thru both are you epoxying the tube to keep the holes lined up or is easier to just cut the inner 1/4 tube shorter....I have a 1/4 tube already to eliminate the liner tube mod and would like to add the oiler aswell
    yes please post a link to your oiler parts and thanks for posting your mods

Where did you get the motor wire separators?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by runningman View Post
    Thanks for shearing. What oil can did you use? Was it direct fit?
    Which speedmaster floating bushing do you use? Do you know where to buy a new stinger?
    The oiler was one I made a couple of years ago the was sitting around, If I was going to by a new stinger it would probably be a speedmaster one https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...os-stinger-str 3/16" or https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80990.
    The bushing https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...=ros-spdsd-187

Quote Originally Posted by MadProps View Post
    does the 1/4 tube go all the way into the boat to the end of the existing tube....what Im getting at is drilling the oil hole in the tube(s)? if your drilling thru both are you epoxying the tube to keep the holes lined up or is easier to just cut the inner 1/4 tube shorter....I have a 1/4 tube already to eliminate the liner tube mod and would like to add the oiler aswell
    yes please post a link to your oiler parts and thanks for posting your mods
    Yes the 1/4" tube goes all the way through plus a bit more to fit some silicone tubing on to make a shaft seal. The original tube fits the transome hole and the stuffing tube holder, it all makes a nice fit. I annealed the 1/4" tube after fitting it into the stinger (which I opened up with a 1/4" drill bit) so that it would shape easily to slide into the original tube. Once it was in place I just drilled the oil hole through.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Where did you get the motor wire separators?
    Car wreckers, they are off spark plug leads.

Yes the 1/4" tube goes all the way through plus a bit more to fit some silicone tubing on to make a shaft seal. The original tube fits the transome hole and the stuffing tube holder, it all makes a nice fit. I annealed the 1/4" tube after fitting it into the stinger (which I opened up with a 1/4" drill bit) so that it would shape easily to slide into the original tube. Once it was in place I just drilled the oil hole through.
    thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12