Thread: Blackjack 29v3 upgrade Veles motor and abc1716

Default Blackjack 29v3 upgrade Veles motor and abc1716

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o-qKtKjRR9M
    Not a very good video. Goose crap all over the pier so I couldn't get out for a closer shot
    Thanks Ryan for letting me use your prop
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good Job! Those 1716's are hard to beat paired with the 3831's good stuff.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Good time at the lake today, water was the best we've seen all year once we cleared the water fowl. I don't get those Dynamite GPS units. It makes little sense why the max speed reading is always different than what shows up in the computer plotter. 76MPH Smoking! That Blackjack was really ripping today, nearly beat both of the big yellow boats! I think you should put bigger ESC bullets on to combat some of that heat we saw.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Good Job! Those 1716's are hard to beat paired with the 3831's good stuff.
    Yes thanks for sharing yr setup

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Good time at the lake today, water was the best we've seen all year once we cleared the water fowl. I don't get those Dynamite GPS units. It makes little sense why the max speed reading is always different than what shows up in the computer plotter. 76MPH Smoking! That Blackjack was really ripping today, nearly beat both of the big yellow boats! I think you should put bigger ESC bullets on to combat some of that heat we saw.
    Good day indeed! Yr Zonda took the top award with its 90 mph pass. Very cool!

what were the motor temps after that run? was it just fast passes or you drive it around?

fast passes are cool and all but i like a boat i can run a full lipo set thru without a meltdown .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    fast passes are cool and all but i like a boat i can run a full lipo set thru without a meltdown .
    This prop is not for you.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    what were the motor temps after that run? was it just fast passes or you drive it around?

140's on motor 130's esc. Run was just shy of 3 min. SAW passes only with this prop

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    It depends on how long the boat sustains the highest speed, if it's a long time (long being a second or two) both read the same, but if it's a short period then only the logger gets it stored, but 2mph difference is odd though because we know he wasn't continuing to build a lot of speed that long in the pass. The logger is the first to take the speed then pass info on to the display. See the below example from a stock run with my Veles. Where the boat was topped out for a long time in the run.

60mph stock Veles 29 9-12-17.jpg Veles 60mph all stock.jpg
    Last edited by MADRCER; 09-17-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Still dumb. Record peak speed, display peak speed.

I hear you. If the Garmin was quicker to read, not have brain farts where it forgets to save the peak speed and a little smaller it would be the perfect GPS for Rc's

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    If the Garmin was quicker to read, not have brain farts where it forgets to save the peak speed and a little smaller it would be the perfect GPS for Rc's
    Agreed, they could use a faster refresh rate. Only time my Garmins don't record peak is when I forget to start the timer, but now that I run at a bigger lake and run wide open for significantly longer stretches, it's not a problem for my use.
    Last edited by fweasel; 09-18-2017 at 10:26 AM.