Thread: Looking for help selecting a radio / receiver set up.....

Default Looking for help selecting a radio / receiver set up.....

My primary needs are cost/value, range and reliability, and would like to have one radio run no more than a few boats. I dont feel the need for telemetry, or any of the bells and whistles that more expensive units have. Currently my fleet of boats contain a ProMarine MTR and a Pursuit. I cant see myself adding much more. Finally, I just run them for sport, and look for a few high speed runs. No racing or organized play. Currently I'm just using the Flysky GT2E that came with the PM and it's been great. I don't have a radio for the Pursuit yet. Thanks for the help. Btw, my budget is negotiable but would like to stay under 125.00-150.00. I dont mind buying used, but naturally dont want to buy another guys junk. Thanks to all.

Lot of used stuff goes up for sale in the fall. In the spektrum lineup, you can find a DX4S for that price, possibly even a great deal on a DX4R Pro. The S was one of my favorite cheaper radios, had built in timers, big screen, multiple boat capability. The 4R adds more ergonomic adjustments.

Thanks fweasel.

You could just buy a second receiver and use same TX. Might cost you $10 or so.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    You could just buy a second receiver and use same TX. Might cost you $10 or so.
    That's what I was going to say. Just buy more of the same receiver and bind your TX with it. But if you're looking for a new set up then just be patient and you'll see controllers sell here for your price range and some will come with one, two or maybe a few receivers. You just have to wait, but for now just buy another receiver for your Pursuit and your good to go. . . .that's cost effective enough.

I did consider getting another receiver but if I need to use one or the other as a recovery boat, that's not really going to work. I'll wait for something to come along. Thanks guys.

I am more of a Futaba guy, but I have used this for my cars that I play around with.

http://www.futabarc.com/systems/futk3200-3pv/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    I am more of a Futaba guy, but I have used this for my cars that I play around with.

http://www.futabarc.com/systems/futk3200-3pv/index.html
    Thanks for the suggestion. I read a few reviews and this model seems like the ticket! One YouTube reviewer however said something misleading, I was wondering if you could clarify? He mentioned something to the effect that that this radio will control all receivers bound to it no matter what model setting you indicated on the transmitter. If thats the case, then my intention of using this transmitter with my recovery vehicle will be ng as my flipped over boat will still be reacting to the input I intend for the recovery boat. Is that right? I dont want them both responding, Id like to move control to the recovery boat only. Is my question clear? Thanks longballlumber.

That is an interesting question.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Linewbie View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I read a few reviews and this model seems like the ticket! One YouTube reviewer however said something misleading, I was wondering if you could clarify? He mentioned something to the effect that that this radio will control all receivers bound to it no matter what model setting you indicated on the transmitter. If thats the case, then my intention of using this transmitter with my recovery vehicle will be ng as my flipped over boat will still be reacting to the input I intend for the recovery boat. Is that right? I dont want them both responding, Id like to move control to the recovery boat only. Is my question clear? Thanks longballlumber.
    Your recovery boat will work just fine.
    When one boat is dead (upside down) You turn off your radio - The receiver in the dead boat now goes into Safe Mode.
    You turn ON your radio in setup mode and change to the model # for your recovery boat-
    Turn your radio to the ON (transmit mode) position
    Now drive your recovery boat.

I use a 4PLS

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

^^^^ What Larry said...

Each receiver has its own ID. When you change models, it will change the receiver it's bound to.

My primary needs are cost/value, range and reliability, and would like to have one radio run no more than a few boats. I dont feel the need for telemetry, or any of the bells and whistles that more expensive units have. Currently my fleet of boats contain a ProMarine MTR and a Pursuit. I cant see myself adding much more. Finally, I just run them for sport, and look for a few high speed runs. No racing or organized play. Currently I'm just using the Flysky GT2E that came with the PM and it's been great. I don't have a radio for the Pursuit yet. Thanks for the help. Btw, my budget is negotiable but would like to stay under 125.00-150.00. I dont mind buying used, but naturally dont want to buy another guys junk. Thanks to all.

I'll sell you my dx4s and a new receiver for $125 shipped. It's a little scuffed up but everything works perfect. It's the only radio I use.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

That might work kfxguy, but that Futaba 3PV was looking pretty good though. Can you pls send me a few pix? Thanks.

That might work kfxguy, but that Futaba 3PV was looking pretty good though. Can you pls send me a few pix? Thanks.
    I will when I get home. I do know this, if you want to switch models on this remote, you click on "model" then scroll to the model selected and then click on it. Then it is only connected to the one you select. This radio is also super comfortable and balanced.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Great. Thanks, no rush, whenever you get to it. I just sent you a pm with my em address. Thanks again.

Done deal kfxguy, payment sent. thanks

Done deal kfxguy, payment sent. thanks
    Got it. Thanks, I'll get it shipped asap