Thread: doctorprops

Default doctorprops

Hi all, any experiences using these guys? I found some positive stuff about them, I'm thinking of ordering this:
    http://doctorprops.torgg.com/collect...e-316-polished

It would it be pretty much be a stainless octura x442 right? although it looks detonged so it would be like a m442 I guess? which I have not seen anywhere.
    Last edited by R2315; 09-16-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Hmmm, not a bad price, that's for sure, great lead, thanks!

Ya, and they look a lot nicer than copper!

I'm pretty sure a 45mm is a little to big for me but I like the option for a 43mm might fit just right....

Although I havent used one myself, they are pretty popular here.

The Naviga series aren't just a copy of the Octura M cut, they have less area all around and less lift than an X or an M.

Although I cant vouch for the power you can put though one as we run relatively mild power levels in Naviga, they are excelently made, ballanced, and finished props, thinner and sharper than I can make a BeCu prop.

They do an X series prop which is rather like the Octura X series.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Are the Naviga Series similar to Graupner's Carbon prop profile? It would be nice to get Graupner Carbon style in metal.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Although I havent used one myself, they are pretty popular here.

The Naviga series aren't just a copy of the Octura M cut, they have less area all around and less lift than an X or an M.

Although I cant vouch for the power you can put though one as we run relatively mild power levels in Naviga, they are excelently made, ballanced, and finished props, thinner and sharper than I can make a BeCu prop.

They do an X series prop which is rather like the Octura X series.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks NativePaul! I'm going to give one a try and see how it goes, I'm running a m440 right now and I am looking to get a little boost so I'm going to try a 42 or a 43mm

No, the Navigation series looks like his own design.

TP's low blade area series are alloy copies of the Graupner 2318 series if you want that, but the higher strength is not for free, IMO Graupner's flex under high load gives them less pitch at low speed is a good bit of what makes them the most efficient props available at Naviga power levels, but they are getting more and more unreliable as the power level increases.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thank you.
    Nortavlag Bulc

These are specifically Traxxas Spartan versions, I don't own a spartan is there something specific to the design of these to the spartan or is it just 3/16 drive dog x442?
    http://doctorprops.torgg.com/collect...tainless-steel

specs look the same as the octura x442

Thanks,

The reason I'm looking at these is that I want to try a octura or equivalent x442/m442 or even a x443 before the season is up here in Canada and I'm not going to start balancing and sharpening my own until next season, so I'm in need or something that is ready to go. Came across these and thought they would be nice but communication is a little slow from them. Can anyone recommend someone else that does this service and is good to deal with? I know OSE offers them balanced and sharpened but stock is a problem for a few weeks. anyone deal with Rocket City Racing?

Thanks
    Last edited by R2315; 09-20-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Chris at Dasboata. He should stock 442's. PropShop in the U.K., Chris deals with them as well.

Thanks Shawn! I'll check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Chris at Dasboata. He should stock 442's. PropShop in the U.K., Chris deals with them as well.
    Thanks Shawn I do have the 442 in stock I have some 4213 prop shops in stock pm me if interested thanks Chris

Thanks Chris, sent you a email. My prop knowledge is limited at this point whats the difference between the 442 and the 4213?

Quote Originally Posted by R2315 View Post
    Thanks Chris, sent you a email. My prop knowledge is limited at this point whats the difference between the 442 and the 4213?
    what boat, motor, esc, ect, is it for ? put that out here for the guys

Toysport Syncron 28" deep V mono, neu 1515 2200kv, seaking 180a esc on 4s. I'm getting about 39mph right now with the m440 and I'm looking for a little more. I haven't had a chance to run it with the eagle tree yet but everything is cool after a 3min run wide open so I'm thinking the x442 might be a good place to start.

Thanks,
    Ryan

I'm going to suggest the X642 for you it has a little more pitch then the x442 should be fine but I'm not a electric prop picking expert LOL

I might have to try that as well. Back in 2010 BHChieftain put together the same boat and setup, he ran a bunch of props including the x642 and had high praise for the x442 in the end. I'll start there and see how it goes. I'll tell you though, I spent a couple days trying to get some answers from doctorprops and a few hours with dasboata and its done! much appreciated guys! thanks again.
    Last edited by R2315; 09-20-2017 at 09:04 PM.

The 4213 will let the motor unload a bit more than a 442. Extra runtime likely, faster??? Depends. You want a 442 detounged, thinned?, and sharpened/balanced. Detounged is the same/similar as Octura M series.

Thanks Swawn, I ended up getting a x442 Detounged and a x642 so hopefully they give me what I'm looking for.

The reason I'm looking at these is that I want to try a octura or equivalent x442/m442 or even a x443 before the season is up here in Canada and I'm not going to start balancing and sharpening my own until next season, so I'm in need or something that is ready to go.
    I have an eco prop from them and the quality of the RTR condition is extremely good, especially as it is a stainless steel propeller, which is more demanding in production then CuBe
    But that for it is really durable. I already killed a shaft but the propeller is still fine and it is not only the ballancer saying the prop is ballanced, you can also bring it up to speed and there are no aditional oszilations compared to bringing motor and shaft without prop to speed.

I would order props from them again but not if you are in a hurry. Shipping from Ukraine is not the fastest route and customs here looks at it more closely then after shipments from China ;-)

http://doctorprops.torgg.com/collect...1385-rtr-31-mm
    What you see is what you get and it is not only polished it is also really sharp, well ballanced and durable.

Best Regards, Eike