Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 27" carbon cat black edition build

Bottom brighter green. . .it will make all the other green items pop out more. Even the battery trays add a bit of that green, maybe in strips, will balance the green inside the boat by spreading green along the sides as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Bottom brighter green. . .it will make all the other green items pop out more. Even the battery trays add a bit of that green, maybe in strips, will balance the green inside the boat by spreading green along the sides as well.
    I gotta agree, no longer a black edition once the green went on.
    32" Carbon Rivercat, Veles 29, Voracity 36, M41

Quote Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
    I gotta agree, no longer a black edition once the green went on.
    Well hey....there’s no silver at least! Lol. I guess I figured a little contrast wouldn’t hurt. So maybe it’s the monster edition now lol.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

The hatch.....
    That’s createx black pearl. Very good looking color.

I still need to clear it though.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

[QUOTE=kfxguy;701995]Check out this nifty temp strip. Got this idea from one of the seasoned guys on here, can’t remember if it was Darin, tony or fluid. You can see how I had to mill the top of the esc to make it fit. Ugh.

Hello..
    where did you bought this temp strips??
    Thanks!!

[QUOTE=Nikolas Andriop;702576]
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Check out this nifty temp strip. Got this idea from one of the seasoned guys on here, can’t remember if it was Darin, tony or fluid. You can see how I had to mill the top of the esc to make it fit. Ugh.

Hello..
    where did you bought this temp strips??
    Thanks!!

Mac master Carr

Finally got a chance to clear the hatch. Did a Fantasm hatch in the same color. Kinda bummed the Fantasm hatch had some pin holes in the fiberglass that weren’t visible before clearing it. I’ll have to live with it tho, too much trouble to repaint.

what kind of clear are you using ?
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    what kind of clear are you using ?

Nason select clear
    496-00 2k urethane spot clear and nason 483-79 activator

O man pics don’t do this thing justice. Drool.....

Paint the whole boat with it

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Paint the whole boat with it
    You funny! That’s too much work lol

Green tape is sexy.

Well I’m slacking. I basically have the esc to install and the receiver and floatation. I’m putty by it off because I can’t bring myself to just velcro the esc in or drill holes for mounting it. I think that would be the cleanest way to do it and it would be easier to service it if I need to remove it but man.....drilling holes in the tunnel is not something I like to do. I guess if you think about it, it really does t matter because holes are dilled for the rudder, strut, cooling hose etc. in most boats. Ugh.

I’m putting holes through the tunnel on my hydro right now, mounting a new battery holder system. They’re not meant to be removable, so I’m going to paint over the heads to seal them. It is so much more secure getting a compressive squeeze thru the boat! We did it all the time on full sized hydros... Use a nice, pretty button head Allen screw and try to use consistent spacing, it looks better! Go for it dude, Velcro sucks for servos, it’s too loose.

Well I’m slacking. I basically have the esc to install and the receiver and floatation. I’m putty by it off because I can’t bring myself to just velcro the esc in or drill holes for mounting it. I think that would be the cleanest way to do it and it would be easier to service it if I need to remove it but man.....drilling holes in the tunnel is not something I like to do. I guess if you think about it, it really does t matter because holes are dilled for the rudder, strut, cooling hose etc. in most boats. Ugh.
    Our leading edge builder does that pretty much always Trav. You ever think of glueing Chicago bolts to the tunnel floor?

I can’t bring myself to just velcro the esc in or drill holes for mounting it.
    I've never been a fan of the holes in the tunnel either. What's wrong with velcro? The ESC is partially tucked under the deck anyways. Seems to be working fine on my 27", and you'd never really know it wasn't mounted with hardware looking at the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    You ever think of glueing Chicago bolts to the tunnel floor?
    What's a Chicago bolt? Financially corrupt? Does it commit voter fraud? Just curious.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I've never been a fan of the holes in the tunnel either. What's wrong with velcro? The ESC is partially tucked under the deck anyways. Seems to be working fine on my 27", and you'd never really know it wasn't mounted with hardware looking at the setup.

What's a Chicago bolt? Financially corrupt? Does it commit voter fraud? Just curious.
    These are called Chicago bolts( or that’s what Home Depot calls em):

8C1BB65B-F41B-4CCC-BE6F-5C19075DBC72.jpg

And this is what I do with them:

0949DEB6-6B46-43D2-8E76-0BD1C72C815E.jpg

I put a piece of water tube over the bolt for insulation, AND... note the CF puck(S) at the base/foot for strength. Learned that on the uptake, lol

Killer bolt, he,he,he.... I know those as sex bolts. It looks great, but that high CG looks like a problem in a crash. I already know your answer, “ Then just don’t crash!”

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post

I tried Velcro. It’s such a tight fit because this esc is thicker, that adding Velcro makes it a no go. I can’t get it into position.

Our leading edge builder does that pretty much always Trav. You ever think of glueing Chicago bolts to the tunnel floor?
    Well the problem is the esc is so big for this little boat and room is almost nonexistent that I have to slide the esc in where the battery goes and then slide it forward and squeeze it into position. It’s a pain to say the least. So if I glued bolts or standoff’s in place I won’t be able to maneuver the esc in place.

I did peel the tape off tonight (all I had time to do lol) and took some pics

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Killer bolt, he,he,he.... I know those as sex bolts. It looks great, but that high CG looks like a problem in a crash. I already know your answer, “ Then just don’t crash!”
    That setup is still as is and four years old Craig. And dang, more airtime on that boat than I bet anyone else's. But admittedly I did have to use those CF pucks to hold the ESC's in after one of the first flights.

BTW looks good all black on black on black Travis

Your OCD might not like it, but if it is really that tight you could glue some closed cell foam to It, and wedge it in place.

Several of my riggers have no mountings for the ESC or battery, the tightness of fit with flotation making it not needed.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 10-27-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Your OCD might not like it, but if it is really that tight you could glue some closed cell foam to It, and wedge it in place.

Several of my riggers have no mountains for the ESC or battery, the tightness of fit with flotation making it not needed.
    And this truly is the best use of space. Most of my floatation is strategic.

As usual I’ve been slacking. Other things going on in life and I Don’t have as much time for boats as I’d like. But I did fool with it some this weekend. Got the temp sensor hooked up and functional tests done. Now I’m mounting the antenna, i didn’t like using the same ole mount as usual so I had an idea.

Good plan on the antenna Travis. I’ve been bored of the same old aluminum pyramid so I went another way as well. You and I seem to be ‘in the same boat’ (sorry, had to), I seem to be lucky to find an hour here or there to get a small task done on a boat project.

I seem to be lucky to find an hour here or there to get a small task done on a boat project.
    Preach it brother!

Travis, love it in green.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Well i finished it up this evening. Stunning build i cant lie and pics do no justice. I did a little walk around for you guys to check out. Let me know what you think!

Sexy as hell. What receiver is in there?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast