Thread: 1800kv 4s prop?

Default 1800kv 4s prop?

30inch catamaran , 1800kv want to get over 50mph on 4s if possible. Thinking of an m445 for its increased rpm or an m645 ,

Opinions? Temperature wise I hope it will be alright , I got 2 water pickups one is split for esc and motor mount and one goes right to the motor directly all with 1/4 tubing. If not then Maybe x445 or something like that.

Thanks for your help

m445 will get you really close to your desired speeds....with decent temps..but it will require strut adjustment tinkering for best results.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    m445 will get you really close to your desired speeds....with decent temps..but it will require strut adjustment tinkering for best results.
    Thanks , do you think the m645 is to much for it , I only have a 150a esc.

I just finished a 32" cat. 4s it went 54mph with an abc 1815-17-45, 150a esc. Probably could go a little quicker with some trimming.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

For the record, the ABC prop kfxguy used is 45.7mm in diameter with a 1.5" pitch ratio, somewhere between an m445 and m645. If you own both of those Octura props, start with the 445, measure speed and temps, and if its all in the green, you can try to step up to the 645 for a short run, checking for temps again.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok thanks for the info guys.
    Problem is I can't easily get props in Canada. I have no hobby store near me and offshore electronics is a rip off unless I get a bunch of stuff at the same time. I have a x445 and x447 I'll try of temps are good with those I'll probably order a m645 and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    For the record, the ABC prop kfxguy used is 45.7mm in diameter with a 1.5" pitch ratio, somewhere between an m445 and m645. If you own both of those Octura props, start with the 445, measure speed and temps, and if its all in the green, you can try to step up to the 645 for a short run, checking for temps again.
    I was trying to remember how much less but I forgot.....the abc does pull less amps than a m645. Iirc it was at least 20amps less.

Something to consider:

I had a voracity with this prop and a ose raider esc. Running 6s and 4s. Never got hot. I ran It a good bit. 36" mono probably pulls more amps than a 30" cat, so I was thinking he should be ok especially on 4s. I've never smoked an esc on a 1815 prop but I have on a m645.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by brons101 View Post
    Problem is I can't easily get props in Canada. I have no hobby store near me and offshore electronics is a rip off unless I get a bunch of stuff at the same time. I have a x445 and x447 I'll try of temps are good with those I'll probably order a m645 and see what happens
    If you need some props, save up a few bucks and hit me up. I can ship you what you need in an envelope for around $20. I just shipped to Australia in a padded envelope for about $24. Canada should be cheaper.

Thanks I'll definitely consider it.

Cool

What cat, it matters as some are easier to push fast than others. Did you blueprint the sponsons? Some are terrible from the factory. What 1800 Kv motor? What packs do you run? All the power in an FE boat is in the packs, better packs = more speed.

My MC cat runs an AQ 1800 Kv motor with good packs and a 200 amp controller. It is slightly stuck down for our rough race water. An m445 gives me 47-48 mph, an m645 gives 53 mph. The latter does pull more amps, 80 and 95 amps average respectively.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

It's a 29 sprint cat (aeromarine) haven't got it yet just ordered all the parts and everything got the hull for a steal on eBay brand-new never used. It's leopard 4074 motor , the packs I have are 2 gens ace 5000mah in series, they are 50c

Quote Originally Posted by brons101 View Post

And on that note, whereabouts are you neighbor ?

Shawn
    Ps: in Abbotsford

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    And on that note, whereabouts are you neighbor ?

Shawn
    Ps: in Abbotsford

the island