Thread: Voracity cracking

Default Voracity cracking

Very interested to hear if the cracking problem with the transom on the Voracitys has been dealt with and if they are still cracking, or has that been solved. Also, are they now coming with the breakaway rudders? Has anyone who has bought a Voracity recently had their boat crack or split in the back?

story is they revised the hull and put a break away rudder on it .so if you see a new one with a break away rudder that should be the new revised hull .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Thank you, will be getting it from HH, called em up, guy said he didn't know about that.

I have not heard much online chatter about hull issues like when the boat was first released. I know of one early hull revision addressing the seams along the sides of the hull. I would imagine they addressed the transom issue at the same time. The seam in question on the transom is above the interior reinforcement plate for the running hardware, so when you get your boat, look inside at the rear seam and I would imagine you should see a fair amount more white epoxy on that upper area. I reinforced mine with resin and chopped carbon fiber.

From a recent picture I saw about someone trying to install a larger motor in their newer Voracity, it also appears there's a brace running across the width of the hull directly behind the motor, separating it from the battery trays. A similar brace had always been in place at the top of the trays, closer to the bow. I would imagine that gives the bottom of the hull additional rigidity, something mine lacked and fixed with a carbon inlay.

I'm not a fan of the newer breakaway rudder design when running larger than stock props. It has a larger swing arc than the original design and is interfering, catastrophically, with my props. My fault for not noticing it upfront, but I was simply running props I had used all last summer on the old rudder setup. I'll be installing a 4" single pick-up rudder from OSE with a longer setback to completely clear the prop.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you for your reply.