Thread: Need Battery advice

Default Need Battery advice

Wanted to get some Revolectric batteries but can't find them anywhere. What would be better than the Reaction 3S 5000 50C battery, and would I want to go higher C or higher Mah, or both? The reactions seem to be considered good but is there any brands as good or better for less money? Are lectron batteries any good? GensAce are also hard to get.
    Any and all help with this would be much appreciated.

Of you didn't fine what you're looking for in the OSE store, try http://revolectrix.com/. Singapore shop has more stock and they normally arrive within a week.

I have been running SMC battery for a couple years now. Couldn't be happier with the performance and price! http://www.smc-racing.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you running, I will be stock for a while, can I up the mah, and how much, Or the C rating, again how much, or both?

No need to buy too much battery for an RTR, but the manufacturer is pretty specific in pack recommendations:
    5000 mAh
    50C +

More capacity will increase run time, more C rating would just be wasted.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

For 4s running I use SMC, True Spec Premium 7.4V 5200mAh 112Amps/90C. For 6s running I use SMC, True Spec Premium 11.1V 6700mAh 145Amps/90C with G10 plates.

A higher C rating is always best. As for mAH, the higher will generally increase run time but they are also heavier. Adding the extra weight may change the balance so some adjustments may be necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revolectrix is out of stock until January.

Thank you so much, I was going to get the reaction 3S 5000 50c, but was wanting at least more mah for roughly the same price. Would you find the SMC to be better, the same or lesser quality than the Dynamite reactions?

Thank you, just looking to see if I can get more battery for the price of the Dynomite reactions they suggest, I am looking more for run time than speed, although speed is the name of the game of these boats. what are you using or recommend for stock Voracity with prop upgrade?

U don't sound like a dummy, that is correct, AND a bummer.

I don't usually recommend Turnigy packs, but their newer graphine packs are giving excellent results for racers I trust. For $74 you get a 65C 6000 mAh 3S pack. That's an increase in run time of about 20% over your current pack.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thank you