Thread: tenshock mini mono shaft removal

Default tenshock mini mono shaft removal

Could someone please tell me how to remove the shaft on the tenshock mini mono and does it need lubricated if it is sealed bearings, thank you

I can not say with certainty, but my recent experience with Asian boats (Small Bolt) is that the propeller shaft is held in the strut and the flex driveshaft has a square end that is a slip fit into a square hole in the propeller shaft.

In order to remove the propeller shaft, you must remove the strut, remove the propeller and drive dog, and the propeller shaft should be removable from the forward-facing end of the strut. Once the strut is removed, you can loosen the motor coupler at the flex shaft end and you should be able to remove the flex shaft at that time.

Yes, everything should be cleaned and lubed after a day's running. This design is a PITA to maintain, but hey, it's cheap to manufacture.
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Tenshock boats are hobby grade Naviga race boats, and use one piece shafts for both their flexies and wire drives. You can undo the coupler and pull the shaft out of the back to oil it and the bearings.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 12-06-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks for that update. I've obviously not had any experience with the Tenshock boats. I must say that the Small Bolt is a bit fiddle-some and I'm willing to bet most entry-level hobbyists don't bother cleaning and lubricating the drive components after running the boat. There's only one thing that will result from that lack of proper maintenance.....

A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves