Looking to improve speed in p-limited. Stock MG V3 with blueprint and sharpened sponsons, sharpened strut with lip removed and even with bottom of boat, sharpened rudder with beveled bottom, stock electronics and S&B stock prop. Batteries are not best but what I had at 5000mah 50C 7.4v in series (~200 grams each) as far back as possible. Boat runs smooth and corners well. Best is about 35 mph with S&B stock prop. S&B M445 gets me closer to 38 mph. Working on a ABC 1715. Looking for mid 40s to be competitive in p-limited offshore.

Working on better batteries in 100c range which will help as well (MaxAmps). More negative strut gives better corner and more positive gives slight porpoise so I think I'm near sweet spot. Temps are 120s after 5 min.

Current flex runs through teflon tubing in stuffing. I've heard some guys running .187 flex in stock stuffing without liner. Will this reduce friction?

Also, if I upgrade to Speed Master or OSE struct with teflon coated bushings, is that noticeable difference in friction reduction for motor?