Thread: 32" single cat sport build

Default 32" single cat sport build

Wassup fellas. Haven't been posting many builds here, doesn't mean I'm not working on things though. Sometimes I just don't have the time to take pics and post them. I do like to share some of these builds sometimes, but I've refrained from it because a lot of times it's very close to the same thing as the last one. Well this one is a tad different. Different in the fact that nothing in this boat is expensive. It's all cheap components I had laying around. And to add to it, most of the boat I didn't build but I had a hand in a good bit of it. Complacent one is who built the boat. I hand made the servo mount, battery trays and esc mount (which I removed). He did the inlay and installed the hardware and motor mount. He never ran the boat, I think he lost interest in it and then sent it to me because he knew this is my favorite hull. He started a blue theme which I kept and added to it by laying up some blue carbon/Kevlar and wrapping the motor cooler and I just so happened to have a blue servo. He used blue colored epoxy that looks pretty awesome. I think I may put a blue carbon strip on the esc like the motor has. Here's the list of parts:

Tp power 4060 1720kv motor
    Ose raider 150 with cap bank added
    Savox blue waterproof servo
    .187 flex of course
    Mbp collet
    Tfl hardware
    Carbon battery trays
    Carbon servo mount
    Honey comb carbon inlay

I ran the thing on 4s a couple weekends ago. It went 54mph without trying. Not bad for a knockaround boat. I think if I put 6s in it, it will surpass 80mph if I decided to. I was really looking for about 60mph so I may have to do some tweaking to it.

I still have to paint the hatch. I added 5 layers of fiberglass to it last night. Maybe today I can spray the base boat. I have a really sexy looking blue for it.

This is the color I'm painting it. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to extend the color onto the boat.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Oh I like that color Travis. You can find the other 6+ mph.

You do nice work! very clean, Looks amazing!

That blue looks fast for sure.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Oh I like that color Travis. You can find the other 6+ mph.
    Yea man that color is sharp. I want to add a design to the top of the boat in blue, something simple but to make it pop. And I'm sure the same ole colored top with carbon boat is getting played out. The only big issue I have is I don't want to clear the whole boat so I'm probably going to attempt blending the clear in. Not sure if I can make it happen tho. I'm not the best painter.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by R2315 View Post
    You do nice work! very clean, Looks amazing!
    Thank you sir! Here's another boat just like this one I built, my pride and joy I guess you could say. Not sure if I could ever part with this boat, on a mere 4 cells it goes 102. Probably faster now that I have some better props but I haven't run it lately. But it's super clean....

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Thank you sir! Here's another boat just like this one I built, my pride and joy I guess you could say. Not sure if I could ever part with this boat, on a mere 4 cells it goes 102. Probably faster now that I have some better props but I haven't run it lately. But it's super clean....

What prop did you have on that one again? And where did you have the strut roughly? Any angle to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    What prop did you have on that one again? And where did you have the strut roughly? Any angle to it?
    I usually run an abc 1815 and I think the strut is level. It's about .150 off the table if you lay it all flat on a table

I usually run an abc 1815 and I think the strut is level. It's about .150 off the table if you lay it all flat on a table
    Thanks. I haven't ran mine in like over a year. It went 72 but I think it has a little left in it. My strut was definitely a considerable amount lower than you're running. It was running pretty wet, I gotta get it aired out. I need to wipe the dust off it and start tinkering with it again. Probably will once the weather cools down, it runs a little hot Lol.

Got the hatch painted and the trim on the esc done. I'm really thinking it needs a stripe on the boat itself to finish it off

It's a good blue.. Maybe a single, offset stripe down the entire length would be worth mocking up in tape. Possibly even a 3/4" stripe flanked by a 1/8" parallel stripe. All personal preference I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    It's a good blue.. Maybe a single, offset stripe down the entire length would be worth mocking up in tape. Possibly even a 3/4" stripe flanked by a 1/8" parallel stripe. All personal preference I suppose.
    This is what I was thinking. It's simple. I've been wanting to do this for a while but the problem is clearing it. I don't want to have to clear the whole boat.

I wanted to add, I sold this boat (most of you know that) and the new owner ran it on 6s once in windy conditions and I guess he couldn’t really get on it for long but it still went 81mph. I only ran it once and it went 54mph on 4s. I told him I thought it would go about 80mph as it sits on 6s. Pretty good estimate!

Got the hatch painted and the trim on the esc done. I'm really thinking it needs a stripe on the boat itself to finish it off

What's the Ford head to? Are those exhaust ports ported out?

Ls 243 heads I’m porting for my gto

What year is your goat?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    What year is your goat?