Thread: Voracity motor water jacket

Default Voracity motor water jacket

is it possible to find another waterjacket than the stock one to fit on the stock voracity motor ?? when the O ring are wear out , no way to find replacement , so i want to check for another water jacket to fit on , but i think it will be very difficult !!

The Voracity motor is a 4082 and there are several brands or kinds of cooling jackets you can find online that will fit a 4082 motor. But If you're hard pressed to find an exact fit then contact Dave Hampton( hrcmfg@aol.com) at HRC. Although they make 4082 cooling jackets, they can custom make one for you and they make excellent cooling jackets. . They also make great custom motor mounts. But, I would find O rings first and they do make O rings for 4082 size and try fitting that on the original jacket . . . .cheaper than buying a new cooling jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    The Voracity motor is a 4082 and there are several brands or kinds of cooling jackets you can find online that will fit a 4082 motor. But If you're hard pressed to find an exact fit then contact Dave Hampton( hrcmfg@aol.com) at HRC. Although they make 4082 cooling jackets, they can custom make one for you and they make excellent cooling jackets. . They also make great custom motor mounts. But, I would find O rings first and they do make O rings for 4082 size and try fitting that on the original jacket . . . .cheaper than buying a new cooling jacket.
    Yop it is a 4082 , but it got a larger diameter than the Leopard and TP , so these WJ can't fit . I made a search for the O ring to replace the stock , but i didn't find one . HH don't have replacement and don't know where to find :-( !! Do Dave got a website ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Thank's , i will check !!

How do the orings wear out? Are you taking it on and off?

If you in a bind I can help you out. There a hardware store one city over from me that has an enormous selection of orings. I can pick you some up next time I go. I'm pretty sure I have a voracity jacket in my parts box and this place has always had orings to fit my water jackets.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    How do the orings wear out? Are you taking it on and off?

If you in a bind I can help you out. There a hardware store one city over from me that has an enormous selection of orings. I can pick you some up next time I go. I'm pretty sure I have a voracity jacket in my parts box and this place has always had orings to fit my water jackets.
    Yes the reason that they don't seal anymore , is that i removed them for cleaning , big mistake !! But i did that a lot of time with my leopard motors , so i didn't think that will break the o Ring . If you find the right one , i will pay you with paypal , the o ring and shipping without problem !! Just let me know ! I put the voracity motors in my Zelos and i love the setup with x447 props !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzee View Post
    Yes the reason that they don't seal anymore , is that i removed them for cleaning , big mistake !! But i did that a lot of time with my leopard motors , so i didn't think that will break the o Ring . If you find the right one , i will pay you with paypal , the o ring and shipping without problem !! Just let me know ! I put the voracity motors in my Zelos and i love the setup with x447 props !!!
    Ok I'll let you know.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Ok I'll let you know.
    Thank's !!

Yes the reason that they don't seal anymore , is that i removed them for cleaning , big mistake !! But i did that a lot of time with my leopard motors , so i didn't think that will break the o Ring.....
    Not trying to shame you, just trying to understand why you felt the need to clean them. This could help others from repeating the same mistake. Your perspective would be helpful. Thanks.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Not trying to shame you, just trying to understand why you felt the need to clean them. This could help others from repeating the same mistake. Your perspective would be helpful. Thanks.

With my other motor , like the leopard and before , the spartan stock motor the mamba monster motor (1515 1.5y with fin 2200KV) , the water jacket was easily removeable to clean inside , got some veggies came inside and don't let the water passing thru freely ( the MM was the worst , always sometime that get stuck inside ) . So i decide to do the same thing with the voracity motor to check for cleaning and i damage the O ring !! :-( .