Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vac-U-Tug

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Does your Tow have the 2-engine and double rudder servo option on it?
    Mine is single motor, single servo. I was thinking of the building the double motor kit or the Zippkits Tugster for more power but figured I might as well use the Atlantic I already had it has tons of power. Just not as easy to pack as the tug-in-a-box.:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Would you recommend the 2-motor setup, based on your experience using these to fetch boats? I live in Oklahoma, I'm concerned about trying to push a head wind in tow... I don't know how strong the single motor setup is. Thanks!

It's gets pretty windy on our pond as well, never had any trouble pushing in boats even flipped 1/8 scales but it's not quick :).
    The only thing I worry about are thick weeds we sometimes get, the only time it let me down was when it and a boat were stuck in weeds around a buoy we couldn't see from shore.
    Not sure if your doing the pvc frame but I put a small rod down thru the cross frame in front of the boat to help snag cowls and to stop from riding up over low floating riggers.
    I'd have a look at the Zippkit tugster too it looks easy to build and would probably push anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Any one know a good source for 1/8 to 3/16 prop adapters? I found one source on-line but need to complete a form to order. Searched McMaster Carr no luck - perhaps I'm not looking in the correct category etc... One can get lost with them.
    Female 1/8 to Male 3/16
    Dumas #3115 to Vac U Tug, prop to nice to drill out and modify as per website

Mcmaster has a few copper/brass and maybe other metal "standard metal tubing" that's 3/16" OD and 0.124" ID. May need the smallest bit of material removed from the inside.

Got an 'Adapt-A-Shaft' from Ship's & Things, 1/8 to 10-32 (3/16), will report when item arrives.
    Vac-U-Tug is 1/48 scale, does this equate to "O" scale? Ordered a few cleats, cross bollards, portholes and WOW, am I off the mark.
    3/16 portholes should be 3/8 or 1/2, not trying to perfectly scale this rescue boat but look 'about right' would be acceptable. Just occurred to me that the supplied decal sheet would have helped out, hit head with hammer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12