Thread: BlownAway on open water

Default BlownAway on open water

Well I finally made it away from the waterski lake and up to the club lake. And I'm not changing anything now on this boat, what a blast!!!
    Just more practice now. For those that don't know this boat it is an AC Boats R-42 with converted Castle Phoenix 200 Ice ESC's plugged into a shared 6s4p which powers two Castle 1717's. Really enjoyed this run and I hope you enjoy watching.
    This is the full run and I'm sorry about the sun

Wow Shawn you have that boat running real solid. . .great speed and looks to be very stable at that speed. . .very nice and what a beautiful lake. . wow!

That, is a sweet running cat! Beautiful handling! Please, do not touch that boat.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    That, is a sweet running cat! Beautiful handling! Please, do not touch that boat.
    I tried some higher speed props but the paint is so nice I don't want to risk the blow overs. BTW those are just M cut 447's

And thanks guys

Sweet boat. Beautiful lake.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Did you get any speed readings with a gps of data logging? I'd be pressed too to push it with a nice paint job. But, my curiosity would get to me and would eventually cave in and have it running to it's full potential. It's like getting a 200mph Ferrari and only driving it at 90mph. Knowing there's a lot more, I would have to take it somewhere so I can get it to run as fast as my heart can take.. .lol I'm sure you know that boat has more to offer and you are wanting to push it. .let us know when you do and be sure to show videos. .

It's really planted good, but doesn't look like it's running wet. You were making some wakes and the boat acted like they weren't even there!

COG spot on, must have been a lot of homework - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Did you get any speed readings with a gps of data logging? I'd be pressed too to push it with a nice paint job. But, my curiosity would get to me and would eventually cave in and have it running to it's full potential. It's like getting a 200mph Ferrari and only driving it at 90mph. Knowing there's a lot more, I would have to take it somewhere so I can get it to run as fast as my heart can take.. .lol I'm sure you know that boat has more to offer and you are wanting to push it. .let us know when you do and be sure to show videos. .
    It is in 70mph trim there. It has seen 85. I have a HPR that is getting close and should have a new top speed on my Fantasm this weekend. I built BlownAway to go full tilt and corner doing it, something my SAW boat doesnt do.

But I know what you mean, and in all reality I am likely to push it a bit more yet. Probably get back to more props.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    It's really planted good, but doesn't look like it's running wet. You were making some wakes and the boat acted like they weren't even there!
    Andy (AC Boats) has some nice running hulls, made for race water.

Quote Originally Posted by rayray9 View Post
    COG spot on, must have been a lot of homework - congrats!
    It has been some work, here is the build thread https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ast&highlight=
    May be a bit long of a read but there was a lot in this thing. Some moot like all my adjustable drive/flood tube. I haven't moved it since I set it on the build table.

'F' the paint job, no closet queen there

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Andy (AC Boats) has some nice running hulls, made for race water.

It has been some work, here is the build thread https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ast&highlight=
    May be a bit long of a read but there was a lot in this thing. Some moot like all my adjustable drive/flood tube. I haven't moved it since I set it on the build table.
    Just finished looking at your build thread. I must say it's well documented to every step of the way. . .nice step by step so easy to follow. Excellent ideas, design and everything else. . .very impressed and it shows. The fruits of your labor paid off. . .awesome job.

thanks.

Shawn,

Gotta hand it to you ! Not only is this boat thoughtfully engineered and impeccably constructed and it runs superbly BUT one of the most telling (and not often evidenced) characteristics that give this a 10+ is that it can run almost a full four minutes without any hiccups very much UNLIKE many gofaster zoom-zoom efforts that are videoed with no more that one to two seconds of WFO. Big difference between a unstable/unbalanced GPS popper and your smooth running rig. Very impressive for sure !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony, dead on! This thing looks like it's engineered right!

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Shawn,

Gotta hand it to you ! Not only is this boat thoughtfully engineered and impeccably constructed and it runs superbly BUT one of the most telling (and not often evidenced) characteristics that give this a 10+ is that it can run almost a full four minutes without any hiccups very much UNLIKE many gofaster zoom-zoom efforts that are videoed with no more that one to two seconds of WFO. Big difference between a unstable/unbalanced GPS popper and your smooth running rig. Very impressive for sure !
    Thank you Tony, that means a lot coming from you. This has been a solid boat and I just enjoy it.

Looking good, got that thing dialed in! Nice! I was impressed by the run time too. good job!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks Travis, it took me awhile. Not alotta time lately. Tweak it, on shelf for months blah blah. I know you've been much the same.

Shawn

What is the KV on those 1717's
    I am running 40mm X 68mm -1500"s on 6S2P in my 36" Avenger turning 1815's
    68MPH for racing in "Q" Cat

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Shawn

What is the KV on those 1717's
    I am running 40mm X 68mm -1500"s on 6S2P in my 36" Avenger turning 1815's
    68MPH for racing in "Q" Cat

Larry
    Larry, these are the 1577kv ones. I do have some 1815's here, now that I know what kind of run time I am getting maybe I'll play with props again. I have a bit of CG adjustment yet.