Thread: Made A new FE friend last Sunday !

Default Made A new FE friend last Sunday !

As I was leaving the lake last Sunday, while being there by myself, a fellow pulls up outside the gate and shows me his NAMBA card [ required to use the racer's area]. He hadn't obtained his gate and rescue rowboat key yet, and had a nice gas boat with him. I asked him if he had any FE boats, and he replied that he previously raced in Great Britian and has a Triton and Synchron ! Yippie ! I unlocked the gate & decided to hang out with him. Bill showed up & we [ mostly Bill] helped dial in his gasser. We agreed to get together & run FE on a regular basis. What a cool deal ! [There's only Bill, Jan & myself running FE in a city as large as Los Angeles, at least at Legg] He was a super nice fellow and I was totally stoked to find such a nice fellow to add to the party & I felt warm & fuzzy all the way home
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Cool! I like new members, they make it fun for everyone involved. Plus you get to "appropriate" some other concepts you may not be implementing.

:)
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Agreed. Europe race rules have longer heats; 4 minutes & such. New info is good
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony, I hope he was Scottish . The English are another species
    Great to see people with a common interest to enjoy and learn from each other.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Tony, I hope he was Scottish . The English are another species
    Douggie
    Actually Douggie, he appeared to be neither. Out of respect for his anonymity I won't say, but by his name It's likely that he could have raced with the Baghdad Canal Cruisers

Tony, I have to meet you, one of these days
    Your love of life and sense of humour intrigue me

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Actually Douggie, he appeared to be neither. Out of respect for his anonymity I won't say, but by his name It's likely that he could have raced with the Baghdad Canal Cruisers
    True enough. But let's not go into how a certain FE boater who shall rename mainless (OK, it was Tony) was a little confused by the origin of the poor fellow's name and asked if perhaps he was a member of the Tel Aviv Aquanauts!!!

And our new fellow was indeed gracious and answered with a simple "No". Although I thought I heard him uttering some sort of curse involving numerous desert creatures under his breath, but that might have been just the wind!!

It's all good. He does FE and gas. He'll have some fun at Legg!!
    Don't get me started