Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I almost drowned

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Very nice. Thanks. I'm gonna order one next pay day.
    Just watch the sharp parts on your models.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Even using a kayak or inflatable boat you should also be wearing a buoyancy jacket just in case when playing around on deep water.

Travis

Remember that thing that I told you to take to the hospital with you to hug.
    You could have used it again.
    Please do not do this any more, we need and want you here on the forum.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I have to tell you I'm impressed you told that story,, I'm sure it was not easy to do I'm glade your ok !!!
    Fortunately I'm not too proud to admit when I'm an idiot or when I'm wrong. I'm very lucky I made it back to shore. I hope that maybe this story will keep someone else from chancing it over a toy boat. I wholeheartedly believe that had I not had my heart surgery, I would have not made it back. I may not have even tried it, but who knows.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Just watch the sharp parts on your models.
    Lol, I haven't cut myself in a while. I think I'm learning lol.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Lol, I haven't cut myself in a while. I think I'm learning lol.
    I mean watch the inflatable with the sharp bits, lol...
    Nortavlag Bulc

That's Scary Man glad you made it back ok and alive! I run at a rather small lake and never thought of having to swim out to retrieve a flipped / downed boat. Thanks for sharing this horrific story hopefully it makes people think twice before swimming after a boat too far from shore.

Best,
    Brian

Count you blessing brother. Wasn't your appointed time to meet your maker!

I just ordered this as I swam out to rescue a boat a couple years back and got very winded on return entery also.

Intex Explorer 200, 2-Person Inflatable Boat Set with French Oars and Mini Air Pump https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000051ZHS..._P9FNzbETCZR7G

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by microboatdude View Post
    Count you blessing brother. Wasn't your appointed time to meet your maker!

I just ordered this as I swam out to rescue a boat a couple years back and got very winded on return entery also.

Intex Explorer 200, 2-Person Inflatable Boat Set with French Oars and Mini Air Pump https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000051ZHS..._P9FNzbETCZR7G

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had one of those that I hid in bushes at the lake. Someone found it and stole it. So I don't leave anything there anymore, seems like it took quite a while to pump that thing up.

On a side note, your forum name, I imagine you like micro boats? If so, pm me....my favorites are micros. I'd like to see what boats you have.....maybe you have some I've never heard of.

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I Lost 2 boats both worth well over $1000 each because I refused to swim for them. I had a friend almost die because he went to swim for one of my boats. I didn't ask him, He came by the lake to watch me run my boats, it flipped and he just jumped in!!! I was like WTF, it was early april, the water was cold and he was a strong swimmer but he's a crazy dude. I kept yelling at him not to go but he was like "it's your boat dude". There's no stopping some people from doing stupid *!***!***!***!**. My buddy barely made it back to shore using my boat as flotation. He said he has swam in that lake in february,(like I said he's crazy) but he said he didn't realize how far out the boat was. The stupid thing is I know this lake and there are 3 sides to run on and whenever I run there I run where I know the boat will float back to me. I now never run alone, and I never run without a retrieve boat (a real boat) to get my boats. You are very lucky my friend, I am happy that your boys still have their dad! Love to you and your family.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    I Lost 2 boats both worth well over $1000 each because I refused to swim for them. I had a friend almost die because he went to swim for one of my boats. I didn't ask him, He came by the lake to watch me run my boats, it flipped and he just jumped in!!! I was like WTF, it was early april, the water was cold and he was a strong swimmer but he's a crazy dude. I kept yelling at him not to go but he was like "it's your boat dude". There's no stopping some people from doing stupid *!***!***!***!**. My buddy barely made it back to shore using my boat as flotation. He said he has swam in that lake in february,(like I said he's crazy) but he said he didn't realize how far out the boat was. The stupid thing is I know this lake and there are 3 sides to run on and whenever I run there I run where I know the boat will float back to me. I now never run alone, and I never run without a retrieve boat (a real boat) to get my boats. You are very lucky my friend, I am happy that your boys still have their dad! Love to you and your family.
    Thanks man. You reminded me I've got to get a recovery boat going. I'm going camping this weekend and my airboat needs to work. I think I'm gonna put another esc in it with reverse. That would help greatly.

My wife almost drowned, what a horrible word "almost".
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12