Thread: Black Jack 26 facelift

Default Black Jack 26 facelift

I had this old boat for a long time and over the years she has seem lots of upgrades. This is a total breakdown and repair/rebuild.

The stock motor/esc has been replaced with Leopard 3674 1700kv motor w/Seaking 180a esc with external BEC. I made my own motor mounts so I could run a longer cooling jacket and modified the esc cooling heat sink for maximum chill.

The stock running gear was replaced with a BJ 26ss strut/prop shaft. The rudder is from a miss geico.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Do you really need anouther boat "
    YEP!

Some pictures of my test piece in the shade and sun. I filled all the cracks and unused mounting holes with Glazing putty and SEM high build primmer then Duplicolor's Metal cast reflective base and 9 coats of the Metal cast red. I wet sanded with 600 grit and cleared with Minwax clear gloss lacquer. I could wet sand it again with 1000+ grit then polish to a mirror finish but at 10ft or 60mph no one will see the minor orange peel.
    YEP!

Some pictures of the boat as of now. I had some Hellcat stencils made but the one for the top came out way too big so I will have another one made. I also de-anodized and polished the hardware.
    YEP!

Very nice . .that color looks awesome in the light, these pictures probably don't do any justice than seeing it in person and the polished hardware . . .very nice. I can't believe mine still have the black one piece setup. . I'm sending my BJ26 to you. . .lol
    Great job. . .keep us posted with how she runs. .most likely awesome . . .again!

Thanks Bp9145! you can see some videos of this on my youtube channel DangerDad828.
    YEP!

You got to get rid of that stock outdrive man! I reused mine for my rescue boat!
    YEP!

Maybe you should have named the rescue bot "triple tapper" after your beer fridge?!
    Do you really have three flavors on tap at once?? I'll be there at 4...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Its not 100% how it looked in my head but I like it. Now the easy part...To make the other side look the same!
    YEP!

Both sides done and i added some reflective yellow tape for the eye. I will pick up my top stencil hopefully Monday.
    YEP!

Arrow

got my boats wet today! Blackjack ran wet, Impulse ran loose and TuggerII made three perfect recoveries today.
    Last edited by Stephavee; 08-25-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    YEP!