Thread: vintage fountain superboat

Default vintage fountain superboat

i just turned 39 years old and as a pre-teen/teenager i dreamt of being able to have what i remember to be called, the "fountain superboat" . now as an adult i have been all over the web looking to find one, to no avail. i believe the boat was roughly 48" or so, electric, single outboard type? with a optional kit to convert to twin or triple motors? any help in locating one or any info about it so i can do more investigation is greatly appreciated. tia
    craig.
    p.s. thanks for the add

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Nice boat! Just a head's up, the early MRP boats are a plastic composite. It was found they don't hold up well, crack easy and age. As they get older, they crack more easily. Might be better to start with an FG or CG hull that looks close to it. It looks like a deep-V hull, lots of modern versions available. Nice info dig Fluid!

Crap......seems like all the vintage stuff I had as a kid don't hold up well (kinda like me) lol....
    Thanks for the info Craigp...
    Craig

Craig, there's some good used buys on these types of boats all the time. Keep a look on this site and others, you can get a great deal. Might leap frog ya onto the water quicker!

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    That's the closest hull to what I remember.... next ?.... what would be the recommended powertrain for a boat of this size? I'd like to stick to electric if at all possible.
    Thanks. Craig

I would run it with a Leopard 5692, or if you wanted to run twins, a Leopard 40x92 set would do well. I am amazed at how strong the 5692 motors are in my 54" Formula 357SR1 that I make. I have mine detuned way way down to 8000rpm, and with it on 8s instead of 4s, it is to much for the hull to even handle!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    I would run it with a Leopard 5692, or if you wanted to run twins, a Leopard 40x92 set would do well. I am amazed at how strong the 5692 motors are in my 54" Formula 357SR1 that I make. I have mine detuned way way down to 8000rpm, and with it on 8s instead of 4s, it is to much for the hull to even handle!
    Thanks for the info.... do you have any pics of your setup and hull?
    Craig