Thread: Atlas just needs final touches...

Default Atlas just needs final touches...

Today I hope to get out with the 445 prop. Also considering making a turn fin adjustment or putting on a Miss Vegas fin.
    IMG_20170811_180335.jpg

Beautiful boat! Is it 36"? If so, I bet that 445 will work pretty good. Good luck out there!

Cool

I think that you have two issues here, and one is the prop/motor combo. That is a decent motor for this hull, a tiny bit down on Kv but usable. The small props you were using on 4S were not enough to keep the boat up in the turns. Even an x445 is too small IMO.

But the other part of the problem is how you are running it - or not running it. You are not using enough straight line running, and "casual" turns don't help either. Hydros are designed to air out on the straights and fly through the turns, and if all you do is turn then the boat will never run right. You have to get it fully up to speed before the turn, and make a constant radius turn - not sure what "egg shaped" means.

This isn't a swimming pool boat, it is designed as a racer. Don't be shy with it, run it hard. And if you don't have a large enough pond, find one which is large enough. It is a beautiful boat, it needs to be driver!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Jay, you know this boat? You have much info not posted... Your dead on right, hydros need to fly!

OK Fluid. On 4s, I was using an x648. Can It go bigger? The lake I ran was close to home and not really long enough for max speed for longer than about 3-4 seconds. The run route looked egg-shaped from the air. Tried to take advantage of max space it lake. 1st hydro. What about 5s? Or 4s 2200 4074? Is it ok to PM you?

Nav, what boat kit did you use to build the Atlas?

It's the 7701 from Mlboatworks. Just the frame (stringers and ribs) comes in the kit. All the decking and skinning and flooring is on you.

what motor are you using? I am building a AVL boat myself.. and just getting started in the FE hobby
    My Boat is 42 inch. or that is that is what the plans call for

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar33 View Post
    what motor are you using? I am building a AVL boat myself.. and just getting started in the FE hobby
    My Boat is 42 inch. or that is that is what the plans call for
    This boat is only 34 inches long. Just experimenting with a cheap hobbyking T600 outrunner on 5s with a x645 I think. Up on a rack in the garage right now. With a boat your size I would think lower kv with 6s. Maybe 8s if you have room. I just built a ml Boatworks gp400 and it is still untested yet. Has TP power 1250kv 56mm motor for 6s and a big prop. 2216 ABC I think. I'm no expert.