Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Build Advice

Please, respect kfx's opinion! He's trying to tell you it can be a frustrating experience getting riggers to run. You have perfect gear for a cat hull, and it will rip! But if you have to go that way and do it, then please don't post a bunch of problems, because that's frustrating for folks who take time from their day to give you good advice. Just learn yourself and use the search capabilities to get additional insights. I understand the need to experiment, but I think you should get your feet wet before going your own way. Hopefully, you understand our feelings... best of luck to you and please post some pics or bids when you get her running!

That's vids, not bids... Auto spell is evil!!! Lol!

Sorry OP, missed your reply to think about a cat.. Delta Force and Proboat are good fiberglass hulls. You can buy them bare and enjoy rigging them out. For 6s, 33-36" range will give you a great thrill! Much info on cats on this site. Look over those two, and do an internet search for rc catamarans and look at pics. Hard to recommend a particular hull, but come up with some favs and take it from there! Check out used boats too, if you want to save some mula...

Many like the Zelos 36 too

I too agree a cat may be a better option, I missed the part where you only have had a spartan. I'm a fan of the smaller stuff, longest boat out of my 6 is only 32" and I don't think I'll ever go bigger than that. Take a look at the delta force 28" pathfinder, or their 36" explorer.

Okay guys thanks for all the help! Ill look into some cats in that range

That is if you aren't looking at a RTR

You can get the DF28 bare hull and make it scream on a single motor, with 4-6s. I would lean towards 6s, use a motor around 1700kv and turn a smaller prop, like a 440-442. A 36mm motor will provide plenty of power. I would use that to start, and plan for the option of dropping a 40mm in there for some bomber straightaway runs. Make sure you provide enough room on the initial build. You should end up around 120amps... as I recommend to everybody, get a data logger, check your amp draws and start with a small prop. A good data logger is the Eagle Tree eLogger V4 150A. Many don't use it, because their over 150a on 4s setups. But if your in the range, it's a great addition! Maybe others who know this hull can recommend a specific motor.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeFig View Post
    What cat would you suggest? I could just go for a 4s setup in the Jae 33 but id rather not.. Any suggestions are welcome!
    I really don't know what to recommend to you. Depends on what you wanna do. I like the apparition hull the most if your wanting something to build. A cheetah is a good hull too if you want nice turning ability.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Check the Mean Machine 2 from ose really tough boat. Steven also has other cats. Good luck.

Thanks again im probaly going to pickup a Zelos and mess around with that.. Stinks that most ABC 17-45 props are out of stock at the moment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12