Thread: low voltage alarm

Default low voltage alarm

does anyone use those low voltage alarms that you plug into the battery's balance jack? could you hear one in a fightercat 36 daytona?

I suppose it all depends on how far out you plan on running the boat from shore and the ambient noise level. REDLINE1 runs them in his Zelos and he seems to be able to hear them. Personally, I time my runs and bring the boat back when the packs are around 3.8-3.7V
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

i suppose if you brought the boat in after a few laps and listen for the alarm might be a safer way . those units are good for battery discharging as you just plug it in the balance lead on pack and connect a 24 volt light globe to the plus and minus battery leads and just waite until to hear the alarm go off .

i suppose if you brought the boat in after a few laps and listen for the alarm might be a safer way .
    this is what I do with hatch covered boats as well as a timer, in my hydro I can hear it 1/4 miles across the river if I shut down to listen
    Last edited by MadProps; 08-12-2017 at 10:43 PM.

thanks for your answers. reason I want to use one is I am allowing my running partners young son to run my daytona 36 to learn how to drive an rc boat. how do you time that scenario? this alarm seems like a great device.

Just note these alarm buzzers are not very accurate. In fact, I've bought 5 at one time and 2 didn't work. However, the ones that did work did exactly what I wanted it to do . . the buzzing alarm sounded at the 3.5V I set it on but when I checked it my lipo checker and charger it stated 3.2V. Later, I got more with different vendors played around with them and found out that all of them are not accurate and they vary from .2-.4V so be careful. I would not recommend you set it to 3.3V as it might go below 3.0V. ..I say set it at 3.6V-3.8V just to be safe. As for timing a child's driving, perhaps you need to time yourself and see how long it took before the buzzer went off and depending to go from there when the boy is running the boat. But, are you sure you want a young boy to play with your expensive electronic gear? After all, your esc is not going to like it when you stop and go and erratic speeds. . .etc. It's best you run it at a constant speed. I say go buy a $25 boat from toys r us and let him practice on that and not on an expensive setup such as your Daytona. . .but above all make it fun for the boy regardless what you use. .make it fun. . .my 2 cents