Thread: Another Crazy Question

Default Another Crazy Question

Having a difficult time wrapping my head around this.

Just about to epoxy ping-pong balls to the inside roof of my canopy, TFL / OSE Pursuit. I'm doing this pre-emptive of losing the canopy, does this have any effect on a non-flooded hull as far as recovery worst case scenario?

Analogy;
    Passenger aircraft goes down in an ocean - passenger have several PFD's equipped. Useless, unless passenger aircraft chamber floods or passenger exits the downed aircraft.

I'm thinking too much?

the balls will ceratinly give more floatation if you should flip and start sinking. not sure if i would epoxy these balls to the lid , use some silicon as it will hold better than the more brittle epoxy.

Floatation in the hatch will prevent the hatch from sinking if it detaches from the hull. It will also help to prevent a sinking in case of a hull breach flooding the hull. To insure a boat won't sink, figure 28 cubic inches of floatation for each pound of boat weight.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thank you guys.

Fluid, hoping you would chime in this thread.
    How tight should I secure my break-away rudder on this vessel, a little tight-middle tight-really tight? Hate to lose the transom being too tight, likewise. hate to loose the rudder under full SAW.

try middle tight and some discreation.