Thread: Adjustable Stinger

Default Adjustable Stinger

Has anyone put a adjustable stinger on thiers

Most stingers are adjustable in angle and depth. Stingers have much less adjustment than struts.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yes! I actually just finished installing new trim tabs, turn fins, rudder and a stinger. Also made a 3mm carbon fiber transom support for good measure. Should be finished up soon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those are serious trim tabs, looking good! I like your pull-rudder, not push. It will be a beautiful boat, nice job!

Where did you get that rudder gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Has anyone put a adjustable stinger on thiers
    Yes, and Chopper78 so beautifully illustrated it, but my question is why? FWIW, my Voracity has all the adjustment I need with the stock strut and scoots along in the mid 60's.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper78 View Post
    Yes! I actually just finished installing new trim tabs, turn fins, rudder and a stinger. Also made a 3mm carbon fiber transom support for good measure. Should be finished up soon...
    Since your boat is under the knife anyways, after the carbon brace is installed, I would reinforce the seam that runs horizontally, immediately above the rudder bracket. That's a notoriously weak point on this hull and I've seen more than one crack there, mine included. While the transom doubler will stiffen things up, it does nothing to address the strength of that seam due to the compound angle back there. I used finishing resin and chopped carbon fiber after I repaired the crack with CA.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

All the items used were purchased from OSE. The trim tabs look huge but the are the same width and about 10mm longer than stock. The rudder, ose-80050.

As for the seam above the rudder, this particular hull has a MASSIVE amount of the factory epoxy/glue white stuff they use. I have seen other hulls where there is just a thin bead. I remember reading that the transom seam issue was addressed as a rolling production update. This hull is fairly new... but the finishing resin with added chopped fiber is a great idea! Never thought of adding it to finishing resin.

As for why, I have been into electric offroad for about 20yrs. This is my first run at boating. For me this was more of a learning exercise than upgrading. Having never worked with fiberglass or ANYTHING FE for that mater! I figured it would be better to play around with the hull I have before I build something from the ground up. The RTR boats are nice but the need to build something from the ground up is next!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!!!!

Side note, I live in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"... Why I waited this long to start FE boating is just a crime!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2017-02-13 20.40.02.jpg
    I can't find the picture of my Voracity seam, but this is the same mix applied to the front tunnel seam in my Zelos. It doesn't look pretty, but it mixes up thin and clumpy making it easy to pour into place and gives you a fair amount of time to manipulate with a stick before you let it set overnight. If the boat is apart, it's a quick add-on to do at the end of the night. I pour the same mix into the tips of the bow, but let it cure in a water bath to dissipate the heat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)