Thread: 1/35 scale S 100 Schnellboot RC conversion build help needed please..

Default 1/35 scale S 100 Schnellboot RC conversion build help needed please..

I am new to RC given I had a little bit as kid to get a kit in the water only to have life take hold , now years later with what seems like unlimited time and as always limited means I would like to complete a conversion to RC of Italeria’s 1/35 S100 Schnellboot as seen on the web.... the kit is not an issue , but the parts to make it go are , she does not have to be the fastest boat in the pond , but at least look good and run good up on plain like thee real thing, so help with drive shafts , props , motors and there control , and the good bits of operating details all within the correct waterline .... I have an email in to the shop for there input but any thoughts advise here are welcomed. More details as I move forward .
    Thank you
    Bill G.

I too love scale boats. You'd be better off perusing this forum listed below:

https://www.rcgroups.com/scale-boats-55/

Or search online for others that have converted your boat to RC. The majority of equipment discussed here is unsuitable for scale boats, especially warships/torpedo boats such as yours. Just to give you a quick idea I'd run a couple of small brushed motors, a simple esc to power them (Hobbywing make an esc designed for use with 2 motors), and a couple of straight driveshafts/stuffing tubes. I believe the German E boats were triple screw (propeller), therefore you could power the outer two and leave the central one as a dummy (unpowered), or use three motors and power all three if you are feeling game and have the space inside the hull.

With such a long, thin hull, the boat will be subject to excessive rocking motion when under way and especially on turns. The boat will heel right over which is unrealistic and could mean water washes over the deck and through the hatches into the hull. Don't be overly concerned with speed and enjoy just pottering around with a nice looking scale boat.

Quote Originally Posted by hughb View Post
    I too love scale boats. You'd be better off perusing this forum listed below:

https://www.rcgroups.com/scale-boats-55/

Or search online for others that have converted your boat to RC. The majority of equipment discussed here is unsuitable for scale boats, especially warships/torpedo boats such as yours. Just to give you a quick idea I'd run a couple of small brushed motors, a simple esc to power them (Hobbywing make an esc designed for use with 2 motors), and a couple of straight driveshafts/stuffing tubes. I believe the German E boats were triple screw (propeller), therefore you could power the outer two and leave the central one as a dummy (unpowered), or use three motors and power all three if you are feeling game and have the space inside the hull.

With such a long, thin hull, the boat will be subject to excessive rocking motion when under way and especially on turns. The boat will heel right over which is unrealistic and could mean water washes over the deck and through the hatches into the hull. Don't be overly concerned with speed and enjoy just pottering around with a nice looking scale boat.
    Thank you , I have join the forum over there now under “Gibby3” and a search under “Schnellboot has yielded about 900 posting and will wade through them , most are dated back to when the Italeria kit first came out 2008? And the latest I think I have read so far dates to 2015. They as speak of the old 32nd Parallel kit I got as Kid ..still may have it around unfinished possibly have to look .... mostly what I need is to source Hardware and understanding of the new motors ,esc, and RC ...YouTube has a lot on the sea keeping of these kits again they are not the fastest boat on the pond but some of them look real good up on plain almost like the old war time footage that you find on them .