Thread: Higher KV and 2s in parellel

Default Higher KV and 2s in parellel

I have ordered my Raider 150 amp ESC. But I am on the fence for what motor to get. Leopard, SSS, Geforce (cheap, and will buy 2 for a later twin system), or the Castle 1515B 2200KV. These are my top choices money wise. Want to keep it under $80

on to the title of post. I have rather unusual question about power systems. I am wondering about the KV VS voltage, and size of motor. I know that If I get a sizable motor, I can prop up a bit.

But what about a higher KV, and run 2-2S batteries in parallel with a 4400KV 3660, and a relatively mild prop?? parallel doubles AMPS and run time. 50 amps constant capable batteries 7000MAH, gives 14,000MAH and 100 amps current.

example
    2200 KV @ 16.4V's 36,080 RPM free spin

4300-4400KV 36,120 to 36,960 RPM free spin. load of boat and prop will obviously drop this close to roughly 20,000 rpm

Mathematically it adds up, but I am wondering if it has been tried before??

Thanks

I did it something like that be, two motors of similar size, one needed 2 packs in series to rev what the other motor rev with a single pack unloaded. The two motors I tried in the same boat, same prop, same ESC. The speed was around the same for the two, the lower kV had much more runtime.

i think you will need to keep the kv,s down abit using a 150 amp esc. most of the 2200 kv motors seem to use atleast a 180 amp esc running 4s battery power., remember a prop has to be added yet and this will increase amp draw.